“Lovely place”

Duas de Letra
Ranked #369 of 1,707 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Duas de LetraLocation:Duas de Letra is a coffee shop and gallery located at Passeio de São Lázaro Nº 48, in the centre of Porto, at the north side of São Lázaro’s Garden*, the city’s oldest Municipal Garden, which was inaugurated in 1834!At the east side of the garden there is the Public Library of Porto, and at south you may find the magnificent baroque façade of São Lázaro’s ancient convent, attributed to Nicolau Nasoni. Just around the corner, there is the Faculty of Fine Arts of Porto.Therefore, Duas de Letra opens its doors in front of Porto’s first Municipal Garden, thus contributing for downtown revitalization through the rehabilitation of a nineteenth century building and joining the new way of living in the centre of the city.Concept:Duas de Letra provides to its clients a welcoming and comfortable space, where you may have a light meal or a snack at anytime of the day or night.Duas de Letra wants to be a meeting place for thinkers, lovers of both traditional and international flavours, through a varied menu of snacks.Offer:We promote the use of organic farming ingredients in our products, which also come from a fair-trade source, always ensuring the best taste, respect for the environment and a fair retribution for producers, thus alerting for everyone’s contribution towards an environmentally educated society that is in harmony with nature.Space:Duas de Letra has various spaces: a ground level with tables, a counter and a backyard terrace; on the first floor there are more tables, a glass greenhouse and also a gallery that works as a multi-purpose room, since it hosts cultural activities such as gatherings, book launches, children’s theatre, workshops, dinner parties, meetings and even yoga classes!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely place”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

People are great, great food with an awesome home made apple pie! And the best is the view on 1st floor, to take a coffee looking to the park!

Porto, Portugal
“Cozy place”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Cozy place, nice music, nice people, great food.
A place to visit and hang out when visiting and staying in Oporto.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“perfect place”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

this is the kind of little cafe I am always looking for when I am traveling. I happened to just find it by chance as I was walking around. As I approached the cafe I thought to myself, "this spot feels special." I honestly thought that just as I walked up to the front door. The energy in this place is perfect. simple with kind people behind the counter. very helpful with all knowledge about area and places to go and most subjects of interest. I stopped by on my second visit to Porto. The place was even better. Seems to be a popular off the path place the locals only know about. I hope it stays that way, and I dont ruin it by writing all this. Most cities or town have one place like this, they are often hard to find unless someone local takes you there. I got Lucky.

• Visited May 2013