“Delicious, informative, and fun! We <3 André”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste Porto

Taste Porto
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste Porto is your guide to the cuisine, history, architecture, and culture of Porto, Portugal. As the leading provider of gastronomic experiences in Porto, Taste Porto offers a Downtown Food Tour and a Cooking Class to allow you to experience the city in different ways. The Downtown Food Tour brings together locally owned restaurants, cafes and specialty food stores, combined with a walking tour that will appeal to foodies and those who just enjoy food alike! Looking for a more hands-on experience? Join Taste Porto’s Cooking Class to learn the secrets of Portuguese cooking. At Taste Porto we believe that food is a cultural expression. Join us as we show you a Porto reserved only for locals.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Delicious, informative, and fun! We <3 André”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My friend Katie and I had a wonderful time on our food tour. André, our tour guide, welcomed us enthusiastically and taught us a lot about the food, culture, architecture and history of Porto. It was our first day in the city and we had fallen in love with it by the end of the tour. The foods and wines we tasted were all delicious and diverse and were a fabulous vehicle to experience the city. We are so glad we took this tour and would recommend it to anyone! Thanks, André!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SarahCortright

“Passion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Our tour guide Andre is passionate about the food, wine, and the history of his city-Porto. He was born here and shared many interesting facts but most importantly shared some personal stories from his childhood and family. If you want a birungvtour and see all the tourist traps, this is NOT for you. If you want to experience the hidden gems, go off the beaten path, and see the real Porto...call Andre and experience the PASSION!

Visited August 2013
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Local Food with the Best People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I don't know much about Portuguese food and honestly thought it had similarities with food from Spain. Little did I know about the wide varieties of flavours and taste Portuguese food can offer you. Andre and his friends at Taste Porto Food Tours gave me an amazing food tour in Porto which can only leave me wanting more Portuguese food, the tour consists of delicious food, smiles and friendly locals which will make you want to boast about Porto and its food.

This tour is a must for those visiting Porto, cannot be missed and don't forget to come hungry :)

Antwerp, Belgium
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Taste Porto is a delightful culinary experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Frankly speaking, I dont have any culinary experiences with Portuguese dishes before i touched down in Portugal on my last trip.
As a sucker for every kind of traditional culinary, i eager myself to enjoy their food during my trip in Porto, Portugal.

Taste Porto fulfilled what i just need, the food tour guide named Andre introduced himself as a local person of Porto who proud to be the one and would like to share what he knows regarding the Portuguese Culinary. He s very knowledgeable and has a genuine appreciation for his homeland culture.

Each course was served at a separate restaurant during which Andre would explain the origins of various cuisine traditions and historic elements of the neighborhood. In total during the tour we visited 5 different kind of restaurants.
I would especially recommend this tour for those who want to have the experience of lunch or dining in a small Porto restaurants – the favorite restaurants of the local people.

London, England
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An absolute must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My friend and I had the absolute pleasure of being guided by Andre around the beautiful city of Porto. It was a very personal tour, and all the food and wine sampled was magnificent. This is a must do tour, and very reasonable at 48 Euros. I'd recommend doing this near the start of your trip, as it helps you get to grips with your bearings of the city.

I've written a lengthier piece for those wanting something more detailed :)