“Amazing Local Food with the Best People”
Review of Taste Porto

Taste Porto
Ranked #4 of 71 Food & Drink in Porto
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste Porto is your guide to the cuisine, history, architecture, and culture of Porto, Portugal. As the leading provider of gastronomic experiences in Porto, Taste Porto offers a Downtown Food Tour and Vintage Food Tour to allow you to experience the city in different ways. The Downtown Food Tour brings together locally owned restaurants, cafes and specialty food stores, combined with a walking tour that will appeal to foodies and those who just enjoy food alike! At Taste Porto we believe that food is a cultural expression. Join us as we show you a Porto reserved only for locals.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I don't know much about Portuguese food and honestly thought it had similarities with food from Spain. Little did I know about the wide varieties of flavours and taste Portuguese food can offer you. Andre and his friends at Taste Porto Food Tours gave me an amazing food tour in Porto which can only leave me wanting more Portuguese food, the tour consists of delicious food, smiles and friendly locals which will make you want to boast about Porto and its food.

This tour is a must for those visiting Porto, cannot be missed and don't forget to come hungry :)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Frankly speaking, I dont have any culinary experiences with Portuguese dishes before i touched down in Portugal on my last trip.
As a sucker for every kind of traditional culinary, i eager myself to enjoy their food during my trip in Porto, Portugal.

Taste Porto fulfilled what i just need, the food tour guide named Andre introduced himself as a local person of Porto who proud to be the one and would like to share what he knows regarding the Portuguese Culinary. He s very knowledgeable and has a genuine appreciation for his homeland culture.

Each course was served at a separate restaurant during which Andre would explain the origins of various cuisine traditions and historic elements of the neighborhood. In total during the tour we visited 5 different kind of restaurants.
I would especially recommend this tour for those who want to have the experience of lunch or dining in a small Porto restaurants – the favorite restaurants of the local people.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My friend and I had the absolute pleasure of being guided by Andre around the beautiful city of Porto. It was a very personal tour, and all the food and wine sampled was magnificent. This is a must do tour, and very reasonable at 48 Euros. I'd recommend doing this near the start of your trip, as it helps you get to grips with your bearings of the city.

I've written a lengthier piece for those wanting something more detailed :)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The best way of getting to know a town is to make a foodtour with a local. In our case it happend to be André. We were lucky that we had this tour with two other girls, so we were a small group. We got along very well within no time. André, a very charming guy led us trhough his hometown and gave us a look into his life. We tasted delicious foods and had lovely drinks together. After being together for half a day it felt as an emotional goodbye. The rest of the day we spend together with the two girls we met at the tour going on tasting other foods and drinks of Porto.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

There is nothing that I would have changed on this tour--we used it to find a restaurant for later that day, places to hang out after the tour...and got to see parts of the city we would never have found without Andre, our civil engineer/food loving tour guide. The tastings were great and varied (nice to see how many young people are running great businesses in Porto!) and the distance wasn't too long, even in the heat. SUPER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

1  Thank BethRandom