“Fresh, local, unique cuisine”

Jimao Tapas e Vinhos
Reserve with
Jimao Tapas e Vinhos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,829 Restaurants in Porto
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Jimao is a restaurant that combines the best of Portuguese cuisine and offering tapas dishes with carefully chosen by our chef
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was truly one of my moat memorable dining experiences to date.

We sat outside with a lovely view of the square and water. Our waitress, whom I believe was also the owner, was gracious and attentive.

Whatever the tapas of the day are, be sure to order them. When we were there we ordered all of them and they were delicious. One was chorizo sausage in a balsamic reduction. Amazing.

I also recommend the brûlée apple custard pâté.

Be sure to try a port cocktail, for a true taste of the city.

However, the most memorable part of the meal for me was the dessert. Goat cheese mousse with pumpkin jam. Just let that sink in. The flavours were incredible. I savoured every single bite and I daydream about it on a regular basis.

I highly recommend this lovely little restaurant and I will definitely return when I am next in Porto!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,845)

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I visited Jimao last year and i really enjoyed. The service was absoloutely kind and helpful. The boss served us different brands of port wine and spoke with us ! She was very friendlly!The food was delicious especially the shrimps!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We went to Jimao for a weekend brunch. They reserved a great table by the front window for us. The food was extremely tasty - we ordered a number of different tapas. When we got the check we were very pleasantly surprised by how affordable it was given the high quality of the food.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Jimao last night!
Yummi! It was wonderful, delicious and very tasteful.
I'm allergic to gluten and they had cornbread for me as starters.
As we had tapas, they where really informative for which dishes I could have!
We ended up with a glass of vintage port.... Uhmmm, so good!
After being on the road for two weeks, we're a bit tired of eating out as all food start to taste the same, but thankfully for Jimao, it's was different in a delicious way!!

1  Thank Lotte S
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I found this place on tripadvisor and were not disappointed! The food was really good with ingredients that tasted fresh. The service was also great.The waitstaff was so friendly and went out of their way to recommend things to do in the area. We liked this place so much that we went back a second time. We would especially recommend the panna cotta which was the best panna cotta either of us had ever had. Really cute little place with nice ambiance and yummy food!