Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
We love ‘We Hate Tourism’ tours!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
jane502017
Sydney, Australia
Great tour of Douro Valley

Reviewed September 30, 2017
DKAY591
Orlando
via mobile

All reviews these guys traditional tour city tour delicious port se cathedral explore porto great tour whtt marta bravo lisbon company tourists portuguese wine culture
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went on the Porto city tour with Bruno and it was a very informative and fun 6 hours, seeing and learning about Porto away from the usual tourist beat. Bruno was fantastic and at the end of the day we felt like old friends. If you want to visit historical monuments this tour is not for you, but it was exactly what we like doing, getting amongst the locals, learning about their history and seeing what everyday life is like for them. We highly recommend this tour and will also be seeing Lisbon with We Hate Tourism tours.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Very disappointing. We saw the basic sites of Porto nothing felt like an insider or local destination, except for the restaurant we went to which was very off the beaten path (we were the only women and the bathroom which was the only one available on the tour, was not really meant for women to use). The guide provided very little information (he told us the Se Cathedral was very old, go take pictures and come back in 20 minutes). When I asked him a question about the interior of the church (when it was constructed as it differs greatly from the exterior) he did not know. Then it started raining, which was okay with me, but disturbed him greatly. A tour guide needs to prepare for the unexpected and still remain upbeat! I had high expectations for this tour and was very disappointed.

1  Thank Veena M
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience with Nelson. When our original tour company didn’t show up, we called Nelson and literally at a moments notice Nelson happily agreed to take us on a tour of the Douro Valley. We toured a couple of wineries where we tasted wine, olive Oil and honey. The tour included lunch at a local restaurant and a 1 hour boat ride on the Douro river where the views were spectacular. Nelson was very friendly, knowledgeable and fun. I would highly recommend this tour, and if Nelson’s available book with him. Thank you Nelson for taking us last minute especially when it meant getting home late to your family. We had a great day!

3  Thank DKAY591
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

This was our second We Hate Tourism tour - our first was in Lisbon two years ago. We loved it so decided to book while we were in Porto this summer. The Porto version is just as good, maybe better! Bruno will take you to places you would never find on your own and he knows so much about Porto and it's history and place in the world. He is so great to talk to and really wants to get to know you and hear about your culture too. Bruno will take you to an AMAZING little lunch spot by the beach and you'll have so much fun - it's like having lunch with a friend. We went on this tour for my birthday and Bruno made us feel really special. We will definitely get lost somewhere new with him when we come back to Porto. Thank you Bruno and We Hate Tourism Tours.

2  Thank anthonyoshea
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Did two dinner "tours" with we hate tourism - one in Lisbon and one in Porto. Many shout outs to Bruno, Gonzo, and Marta. Simply put - this is a unique and great experience. At the end of the evening you will learn a lot about Portugal, and the other guests on the tour, but it is an authentic experience - more like having dinner with new friends instead of any type of traditional tour experience.

The food, the views, and the wine were all great but the conversation and the passion for Portugal is what makes these guys amazing!

1  Thank travelboundseattle
Reviewed July 14, 2017

This was the first tour we did for our honeymoon and it was amazing. Bruno was a fantastic host. We had delicious port from a spot with outstanding views of the city. He then took us to a small restaurant in a fishing village away from the tourists and the overpriced traps. We had the must scrumptious fresh fish, fresh caught and grilled right in front of us. What I really love is that I had been feeling ill before dinner due to my own silliness of not drinking water or having lunch. Bruno knew I was ill and he sent me an email the next day checking on me and reprimanding me for not wearing enough sunscreen! I was so touched. That is customer service at its finest!! Next time we go to Portugal, we will be taking their tours again!

Reviewed May 27, 2017

My friend and I did three tours in Lisbon and two in Porto. We loved all of them. Every tour guide...more like tour friend :) was fun, easy to follow and crazy...in a good way!! We are both in our 60's and kept up just fine. The tours we did in Porto were the Intro tour and the dinner. Bruno was amazing. Felt like a family member right away. I also really loved the connection with Marta. She is a very interesting woman and you can tell that she really cares about these tours. I think she is doing custom tours now with WHT, But lucky for us she came to the dinner. If you like good people, good touring, good food and good wine, don't hesitate, book these guys!

I hope to keep in touch and to also come back to Portugal and spend more time learning and loving Portugal.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

We took a tour in Porto with Bruno last week and it was an amazing experience. Interesting conversation, nice places, it was a great day! Merci beaucoup Bruno!

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

My best friend and I found ourselves planning a somewhat last minute trip to Portugal. The philosophy of WHTT appealed to us both. We had to email to request a booking, but they accommodated us, and we're glad they did. As others have mentioned, Bruno provides snacks and wine throughout the day, unique stops and viewpoints, and a sense of being both a proud Portuguese, and a citizen of the world. If you want to linger in a spot a little longer, that's fine.... The day is tailored to your interests. Explore Porto through the eyes of a native while creating your own unique memories.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

I arrived in Porto and just did the usual touristy things, eat, walk etc zzzz.

I was at a lost on what to do on my second and last night and basically was looking for something different. I came across We Hate Tourism website and at the different approach it adopted with zany graphics crazy name for a business, I thought why not, life is too short.

I was not disappointed!!! I arrived at the meeting point to be greeted by Bruno who was very welcoming. He went out of his way to wait for somebody who was late whilst other tours would more than likely say well they haven't turned up that's their problem.

Despite the late arrival, we started the tour at a pace, only for Bruno to stop the van at the beginning of the bridge and tell us to walk to the other side! Some people would have thought Christ he's taken our money and doing a runner!! It was in a way Bruno's way in helping to get to know each other. We walked the bridge and found Bruno parked in the central reservation waiting for us!

This was definitely a different tour and set a nice tone for the rest of the evening. After being taken on this detour, we then went to a monastery to start drinking!

Bruno took us to what is probably the best fish restaurant that I have been to and gave us a very informative and knowledgeable account of the food available which was well.....excellent. We talked about various things, politics (not my thing really but the debate was interesting given the nationalities on the tour) to football and diving off a bridge!

The end of the evening, we were taken to another view point to drink more (the sweet!) and then to Casa da Musica. Throughout this Bruno gave great tips, conversation and the madness sadly ended with Bruno driving us back safely to our hotels :( Bruno took a different approach to my one, the portuguese way!!

I would definitely recommend WHTT to anyone and in particular Bruno for his enthusiasm and alternative approach to tours. Thank you, Thank you Bruno for making Porto memorable.

Nick