“Good option in porto”
Review of Forno Velho

Forno Velho
Reserve with
Forno Velho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #502 of 1,840 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Very nice restaurant,near hotel pestana in front o douro river, everything well prepared, nice atmosphere and price reasonable.worth every euro.
Recomend deeply

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I saw this restaurant while walking around one day and knew I had to come back for a meal. The staff were extremely attentive; I think there were 3 staff for every table. The atmosphere was very peaceful and the room was beautiful. Although they had a set menu for lunch, they were so accommodating because of my food allergies and basically made something just for me! And it was delicious. I would definitely come back to this restaurant if I'm ever back in Porto and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to have a wonderful meal in a beautiful setting.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I enjoyed two dinners at Forno Velho during our trip to Porto. Both were excellent. The service was good - a bit slower than I expect in Europe - but courteous. Starter salads were delicious, as were all the mains. Definitely my favorite restaurant in Porto.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had our last meal in Porto here and I am so glad that we chose this one! The staff were really friendly and helpful, the restaurant was modern and relaxing. We shared a starter which gave us more than enough and the main course was a good potion too. I had cod confit which was the best cod I have ever eaten, and after the meal we had a glass of complimentary Port! If you are staying in Porto I highly recommend Forno Velho.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent several nights in Porto and at here which was very near our hotel on the riverfront. It is an elegant restaurant with first rate food. Their green gazpacho is yummy as well as their risotto with tomato and crab. We liked it so well we went back a second night and encountered a French group who had also been there on our first visit.