“Good Francesinha, bad staff”
Review of Yuko

Yuko
Ranked #165 of 2,188 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

I went to yuko to try their famous francesinha, and I have to admit that it is delicious! I asked for the “francesinha da casa” with egg, tastes like heaven in your mouth. However, the staff was not that great,since they misunderstood one of the dishes asked by my friends and didn’t apologize for their mistake. The rest is ok, is a nice place with traditional Portuguese food at affordable prices.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 6, 2019

Its not the first time we go for the Francesinha.
It is on the top 5 in Oporto for sure, but need to improve the quality of the beef to aspire to the be the best.
Overall very good

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 22, 2019

Loved the food and the sympathy of the waiters. The space is very traditional and warms even more the food.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a colleague in Dubai who is originally from Porto. Getting a reservation was quite a challenge.. i've called several times and it was either the line is busy or no one is available to pick up the phone.. when i finally had my chance to talk with someone i was given a slot at 11pm(for a dinner).. i didn't have any choice as it was our last night in Porto.. We came a few minutes before 11.. The place was still very busy with people going in and out. We were seated few minutes past 11. I have to say that the food was worth the wait.. We ordered franceshina and lasagna. The portions were really big and the food tastesd really good. We have tried francesinha in another restaurant earlier that day but it wqs nothing compared to the one served in this restaurant.. same goes with the lasagna--it was not very meaty but the cheese and the sauce were really delicious.. it was the best lasagna i have ever tasted. we finished off our dinner with a cheesecake and just like the main course it was perfect.. different from other cheesecakes that i have tried but absolutely delicious and shouldn't be missed.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 31, 2018

O Norte sabe bem acolher, e a Yuko Tavern sabe bem acolher. Comida típica, espaço muito simpático, é como estar em casa, e com o bom nome português bem representado. A mais espaços destes! A voltar, e recomendar!!!
ps: não sou fã de francesinha, mas a minha amiga provou e adorou, eu comi o prego e estava uma delícia

The North of Portugal knows how to host people, and Yuko Tavern follows the good habits. Traditional Portuguese food, this restaurant feels like being at home, and the good Portuguese 'fame' is well represented. Hope there are more places like this one around the country, and they continue to be as authentic as this one! I will go back, and, of course, recommend it!!!
ps: I'm not the biggest fan of francesinha, but my friend had it and loved it, I asked for me a prego no prato and it was super delicious

Date of visit: October 2018