ROSA ET Al Townhouse
$196
$190
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden pavilionservice was super friendlygreat brunchclawfoot tuban in room massagestylish boutique hotelshower curtaincomplimentary bottle of porthouse is beautifulsmall gardenpoor lightinga lovely place to staygreat recommendationsrooms are beautifulhomemade jamsbreakfast was delicioussmall bottle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel, in a renovated townhouse, really feels like a home away from home. From the beautifully designed rooms filled with vintage furniture, the relaxed lobby filled with books, magazines, wines, etc, the beautiful garden filled with herbs and flowers, to the amazing food and great service I felt more like a friend than a customer. Brother and sister team Patricia and Emanuel really know how to create a great experience in a town they clearly love - but I wonder when do they sleep??

Room Tip: Choose a room on the garden side so the singing of birds can be your alarm clock
1  Thank Danell M
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Was just the most wonderful and memorable stay. The hotel was beautiful and the service exceptional. The staff would almost anticipate your every desire 'would you like some cake with your tea?'. And I would definitely consider having at least one evening meal there. Makes it very easy to roll up the stairs afterwards with your full belly! It was a pleasure to stay there and felt quite sad to leave... No doubt I will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and decorated to the highest standards. Any room would be just perfect.
1  Thank BeeA986
Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is a little hotel, with a little garden,and a lot of love for details. The design bathroom, the vintage furniture, the touch of art, the friendly service, the whole package is just great. The food ? Great too. And the little bookstore with selected design books, the self mixed teas , the rose soap, this love for beautiful things makes of this hotel an all-round experience. In the morning the song of birds will wake you up. Whenever, whatever you need, the owners will be happy to help you, with such a friendly and easy going attitude that you will have the feeling you are visiting friends .

Room Tip: Second floor toward the garden was great, sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine in the evening, birds singing in the morning, quiet in the night
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at Rosa. As it was our wedding aniversary we had a personalized and very romantic dinner under their beautifful skyglass. The service was excelent!! And the food was five stars. Had a great time talking to the owners and planning the day after. Afterwards we went to our wonderfull room and relaxed in the bathtub listening to some jazz and enjoying a drink. Slept in heaven as the beds are magnificient. The day after we felt realy relaxed and had a great breakfeast. It is a perfect place :)

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My couple and I were in Porto a couple of days in Easter. We booked at Rosa et Al Townhouse which close to uptown (very short distance walking). I have been in many many hotels in my life; since I finished my studies at Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne I visited many hospitality business for my job; I have never been in such special place in my life. Service is unbeatable, decoration is amazing, hosts know how to treat guests incredibly; food is homemade with flavours that carry you out directly to your childhood. Rooms are huge and comfortable, true stylish! It is a pity not to count on more hotels like this in more cities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple