“Great tour at prestigious port wine house” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 240 things to do in Porto
London, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great tour at prestigious port wine house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to Porto with my boyfriend in October 2012 and spent an afternoon taking in the sights of Porto before heading across the Duoro River to enjoy a tipple at a few port wine houses. The Ramos Pinto house and tour was our favourite!

The house is located along the waterfront and is large enough to accommodate a lot of guests. They offer various wine tastings and guided museum tours in multiple languages. We took part in a museum tour and found our tour operator informative and friendly. The history of Ramos Pinto is quite prestigious and the tour included seeing the storage process for the wine, seeing historical documents, advertising methods and Pinto's private chambers. The tour also included a short video of the wider Ramos Pinto estate and history of how port wineries were created in the 17th century.

We also found the Ramos Pinto port wine's very enjoyable and drinkable. A very enjoyable afternoon that was both informative and fun!

Visited October 2012

Odense, Denmark
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great port, great atmostphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I visited a few of the port houses while in Porto, but I really enjoyed this one the most. It's located right on the waterfront. A nice relaxed atmosphere inside where you can sit and take your time to taste port and/or chocolates. They have a few different tasting options which is good. We shared the port and chocolate tasting and it was more than enough for two people. I would definitely go back here again if we visit Porto again.

Visited December 2012
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent Port Wine Tasting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I went to about 6 wine lodges while in Porto and we enjoyed Ramos Pinto the most! They gave a lot of wine for the money and the whole experience was awesome. Also the port was delicious! We came back the next day to get bottles to bring home with us.

Visited July 2012