“Must go if in Porto”

Essencia Restaurante Vegetariano
Reserve with
Essencia Restaurante Vegetariano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,632 Restaurants in Porto
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Valley Forge
“Must go if in Porto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

This restaurant is a gem. We ate in the garden area that was just magical with beautiful plants and a giant cactus unlike anything I have ever seen. The menu contained non-vegetarian items, but all of us selected from the vegetarian menu. We had a phyllo-wrapped spinach appetizer and salad with figs, that were fantastic. One person got the curry, one person the pesto, and one person the truffle risotto. Everything eaten to last bite. We also got two desserts between the three of us--I cannot remember the names--both were delightful. Even more amazing was the price.

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Matosinhos, Portugal
“even non-veg will love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

that's the first time I feel that I need to write a review because I really enjoyed my dinner and want to share my experience.
very charming little restaurant and definitely best place to have first vegetarian experience.
all was surprising good, very well presented and the best part ... not as expensive as we can thought!
thank you for this lovely experience and be sure that I will repeat soon.

• Visited August 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“My first dinner at a veggie restaurant....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

but its not going to be the last time. We, a family of two adults and two kids the age of 14 and 15, were shown to our table in the garden and soon all the tables were filled with people enjoying themselves - a very good sign :). We had both a starter and the main course and we all agreed that the different dishes were well prepared and presented. This was a really good experience for all of us. And the total cost was approx 120 EUR. Well worth a visit - even with kids!!

lx
“a veggie/vegan dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

amazing food, top 5 in vegetarian restaurants for us in 3 continents. great atmosphere, elegant still cosy. we will return many times.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank girabola
Montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Possibly the best meal I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant absolutely blew me away. My boyfriend and I made it to the restaurant from the old city by train and after being very sceptical of the neighbourhood we were absolutely floored by the oasis waiting for us! The back garden was fabulous, the service was impeccable and the food.... The food was beyond words. In all honesty I loved every bite. We had entrées, a main course and dessert and all three courses were delicious beyond all expectations. Some people have commented that the food is expensive, but I disagree. The quality is really on a whole other level and frankly compared to other restaurants of the same calibre, essencia is very reasonably priced. My boyfriend and I are also really pleased they did offer some non-veg option as he is not a vegetarian like me and we can sometimes find it difficult to agree on a restaurant. He really loved his dish as did I. The overall experience was fantastic and I would love to return here. I highly recommend this restaurant. It is possibly my favourite restaurant of all time!!

• Visited June 2014