Very modern and clean hotel. Very accommodating and friendly staff (especially the manager, Mr. Goncalo Ramos). Also, we probably had the best meal we have ever had in Portugal at the hotel restaurant.
As other have mentioned it is about a 10 minute walk to the Metro and about a 10 ride to the city center. Be sure to have Euro coins as the ticket machine would not accept Visa and Euro notes.
Minor suggestions to the hotel:
1) Parking should be free and included for all hotel guests. I would understand the charge for parking IF you were located in the city center where space is a premium, but the reason many people tend to stay at a non-city center hotel is because they usually almost always include parking.
2) In room WiFi should be free. This is 2014 not 2004.
3) Pool access should be free. Again, even basic hotels have free pool access. This property should as well.
In conclusion, we would definitely stay here again. Many of the city center hotels are older and will have smaller rooms. Don't let the minimal distance deter from you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into a world where fine art, design and comfort blend beautifully at the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa. Our hotel is a modern wonder of marble, wood, steel, and glass, situated in the heart of Porto. Enjoy the convenience of being only a short walk away from fabulous shopping, art museums and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Porto Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Porto Hotel Porto
- Porto Sheraton