We holidayed in a Club room for five nights in August 2012. The room was excellent: it was very clean, it was quiet, the beds were comfortable and the shower was very good.
The hotel deserves our 5* rating, but we do have a few minor criticisms. We thought the facilities in the Club lounge were only average compared with Club lounges in other Sheratons, Marriotts and Hiltons we have stayed in. Though there was a computer in the lounge the internet access was very poor and there was no free wifi for your own laptop or tablet. However, internet access from the computers near reception was quite a lot better.
We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and this was excellent, a very wide choice of dishes with eggs cooked to order.
For tourism the location is pretty good, although of course it is not in the old town (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). The metro is only a ten minute walk from the hotel and provides a fast efficient service into the centre. There is also a good bus service along the main street nearby which can take you either into the centre or to the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into a world where fine art, design and comfort blend beautifully at the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa. Our hotel is a modern wonder of marble, wood, steel, and glass, situated in the heart of Porto. Enjoy the convenience of being only a short walk away from fabulous shopping, art museums and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Porto Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Porto Hotel Porto
- Porto Sheraton