“a total dive”

Ranked #1,433 of 1,797 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

but good for late night drinks if you like to feel that you are in a movie..; really shabby decor and big windows on the road

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a must go in Porto, a place where you can eat Francesinhas, Tongue, or Cod fish... I enjoyed the pipo cod fish and the beer was the best. Be careful with the bill and have fun

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great wait-staff, good food, and a nice environment! My husband, 2 year old and I went for a late lunch a few days ago. Although the waiter spoke little english he helped as much as he could and was very patient. We ordered a couple of pizzas that were fantastic! I also ran back over to get some bottles of water and snacks and again, though little English, they were very very polite and helpful.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

They overcharged me. I was tyred, so only confirmed the check on the next day, when i was far away. Always confirm your check,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having stayed in the area many times before, I had only ever ventured in here for a late night drink; it's large cafe like front and newstand kiosk making the place appear like an Edward Hopper scene.

On the first night of my recent stay seeing as we were in one of the hotels across the road, I went across and got a great round of Prego No Pao's and drinks for the family. However, on the last night due to everyone being tired and not wanting to venture far we thought we'd give it a go.

I was dubious after reading many of the reviews on Trip Advisor and these were proven right.
The restaurant at the back of the premises is particularly tired looking, but not as much as the rather elderley waiter who didn't appear to hear both my wife and I say that we'd have the Frango at the same time as ordering a Vegetable soup and an Onion soup.

The soups arrived which were quite frankly some of the worst food I have ever had the misfortune of eating. I'm not sure exactly how you can go wrong on putting some straightforward soups together, especially in Portugal where they do them so well and so simply. The vegetable (which my youngest son didn't even swallow the one spoonful he tried) was salty, tepid and tasteless. The onion (which I ordered) was greasy, tasteless, the onion hard, the grated cheese solidified. We had a few mouthfuls and put the dishes on the side of the table for them to be collected so we could get the chicken (which I was beginning to regret ordering more than ever at this juncture). However after about ten minutes (and people who'd come in after us getting served) it became apparent that the old boy hadn't heard what we'd asked for and there was nothing coming.

At this point instead of evening questioning I took the opportunity to ask for the bill and get out, greatful that we hadn't had to go through anymore. We went straight into the foodcourt of shopping cidade across the road, where there are loads of decent restaurants and concessions open until midnight seven days, so what more do you need?

1  Thank Simon D