“Always confirm your check, they ripped me”
Review of Convivio

Convivio
Ranked #1,176 of 1,877 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

They overcharged me. I was tyred, so only confirmed the check on the next day, when i was far away. Always confirm your check,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having stayed in the area many times before, I had only ever ventured in here for a late night drink; it's large cafe like front and newstand kiosk making the place appear like an Edward Hopper scene.

On the first night of my recent stay seeing as we were in one of the hotels across the road, I went across and got a great round of Prego No Pao's and drinks for the family. However, on the last night due to everyone being tired and not wanting to venture far we thought we'd give it a go.

I was dubious after reading many of the reviews on Trip Advisor and these were proven right.
The restaurant at the back of the premises is particularly tired looking, but not as much as the rather elderley waiter who didn't appear to hear both my wife and I say that we'd have the Frango at the same time as ordering a Vegetable soup and an Onion soup.

The soups arrived which were quite frankly some of the worst food I have ever had the misfortune of eating. I'm not sure exactly how you can go wrong on putting some straightforward soups together, especially in Portugal where they do them so well and so simply. The vegetable (which my youngest son didn't even swallow the one spoonful he tried) was salty, tepid and tasteless. The onion (which I ordered) was greasy, tasteless, the onion hard, the grated cheese solidified. We had a few mouthfuls and put the dishes on the side of the table for them to be collected so we could get the chicken (which I was beginning to regret ordering more than ever at this juncture). However after about ten minutes (and people who'd come in after us getting served) it became apparent that the old boy hadn't heard what we'd asked for and there was nothing coming.

At this point instead of evening questioning I took the opportunity to ask for the bill and get out, greatful that we hadn't had to go through anymore. We went straight into the foodcourt of shopping cidade across the road, where there are loads of decent restaurants and concessions open until midnight seven days, so what more do you need?

1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am a costumer of this restaurant since its very beginning more that 40 years ago. A variety of seating places makes it very agreeable for everyone, and the food is excellent, let it be seafood, fish, meat, francesinhas, or anything from their extensive list.
Good for family, for friends, for business or for a solo visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

They serve excellent codfish in very different ways. We tried "Codfish a la Ze do Pipo" and "Codfish a la Braga", both are excellent options.
The best is a la Braga with fries.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

if you just feel a little hunger try the prego no pão which is very good. You can sit at a table or at the counter and the service is very good and quick.