“Absolutely loved it.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Boa Vista
Ranked #48 of 108 Hotels in Porto
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My sister and i booked this hotel for a weekend break. Just before leaving i looked at the reviews on trip advisor. All i can say is please please do not listen to the moaning people on this website.
We had an amazing time. The hotel was great. We had a corner room with a balcony with the most amazing view.
We stayed bed & breakfast and there was so much choice ranging from cereals to fruit to cooked breakfast.
I had never been to Portugal but will certainly be returning and using this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RedPlymouth

Reviewed June 24, 2011

The location of this hotel was great for both getting to see all the Porto sights (short cab ride) or just walking across the street to the beach. Our room was very nice and clean. I would definitely recommend this for people who don't need to be downtown and want to spend at least some time hanging out by the beach or just strolling the boardwalk.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a confernece. The hotel is well maintained and the prices are relatively less from oher hotels. But serivce is much better and even rooms are very clean and tidy. the staff members do speak English and aer very friendly. You have a swimming pool and a bar on the top floor which gives you a lovely view in the night. The hotel is facing the sea so you can have a walk in eaerly morning or late evening quite romantic. The hotel is conveniently located at the main bus route which takes around 15-20 mins to City centre and it's about 30 mins to Airport by Taxi. Overall it's a nice place to stay if you want to stay away from the noisy city centre but located not far from the city

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We chose this hotel because it was the featured selection of a travel guide, but I wonder if the people who write these guides ever stay at the places about which they write. The views from the hotel are truly wonderful if you pay the extra cost of a view room. If not then you are stuck in the back above a street that resembles an ally through which cars speed at 3:00 a.m. and drunks sing. The location is far out from the center of town and parking in Porto is at a premium. We arrived on a Sunday. The hotel's restaurant was closed. Did they know of someplace close that might be open? Well, not really, but after a time they did come up with a place close by that a spectacular view of the storm tossed ocean, even if the food was uneven. The breakfast was OK, but as I nibbled at the scrambled eggs I thought to my self that they were made from powdered eggs. Naw, that could not be, but two minutes later my wife articulated the same view.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Davisdude
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We paid a good amount of money for a suite in this hotel, not only we could't talk to our friend in the balcony , because we where disturbing the guests next door, (fare enough, but this was before 12)
When we went to sleep the bed was THE MOST UNCONFORTABLE BED I ever slept in my life, (and we were camping the previous days...) seriuosly I'm not exagerating! u will be able to sleep better in your car!
In the morning someone walked in to our room without knoking, no problem! we were awake any way.. could't seep at all and I could hear the houskeepers moving the troleys and talking since early. when we talked about it in reception they said they couln't do anything... and that we should had complaing last night. The thing is, I don't go to a hotel to complaing about things I'm paing for a room ( suite) to be able to enjoy and relax, why on earth are you doing that to your customers?? Well, I won't be using your service again, neather any of the people that I know. I really hope you change those horrible beds and that actitud " is not my problem anymore" kind of thing. Good luck!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cintis
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed there just one ight, but it was a wonderful staying. Wee had a sea view room, a very large one well equipped with minibaar and TV. The bathroom was too very well equipped with a Jacuzzi!!!
A little swimming pool is on the roof, next to a wonderful terrace where you can have dinner with the view of the Douro going in the Atlantic Ocean.
It's not in the very centre of the town, but there's a bus stop just in front of the hotel, anyway the citycenter is reachable also with a pleasant walk along the river.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2010

This hotel is out of the city center but close to the ocean and provides excellent view to the sea from the roof terrace. Room was clean and well equipped, breakfasts were ok and the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooftop swimming pool isn't huge but the sea is so close. Overall, I recommend this hotel to stay in Porto.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business