Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $86.76
from $32.40
from $520.60
More Info
All reviews modern art tea house alvaro siza museum building miro exhibition outdoor sculptures permanent collection gardens are beautiful rose garden interesting exhibits free entry worth a visit great museum on display casa da musica sunny day visiting porto
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a good visit here. The building is very modern so it is a contrast to what you see in the old town. It is out of the middle of the old town and all the touristy stuff so it feels peaceful. And you see another part of the town. The two exhibits inside when we went were ok, not our cup of tea. But the gardens and outdoor sculptures were really great. We were introduced to a new sculptor (who also had a show inside we were less impressed with) who had several pieces in the gardens. There are also permanent sculpture throughout the gardens. I would go back again if in Porto to see what they had on. If you like art or need time in a quiet green place it is great for that.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The museum was ok, I guess. I got to see the exhibit of Robert Maplethorpe, which is an American photographer whom I admire. It's a relatively small place, few exhibition chambers, nothing reeeeaaaally special about it. It costs 10 euros to enter, which I consider pretty reasonable. Well, let's get to my favorite part of the museum, the outdoors. The garden, oh... The fountain, the pool, the lake, the art installations outside, this is what I wanted to see. And it reached my expectations. And it was raining that day, totally bummer but I enjoyed it 110%.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Interesting place that joins modern museum to botanic gardens and a farm. Crossing the park you can find several sculptures and installations. It's a real pity these aren't well indicated by signals. I suggest you going out from there, to reach the sea walking at the sunset.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The garden is really beautiful. The museum is worldwide recognized, but is modern art museum (which are not my favorites..)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I Art is mainly photos or videos but the grounds and House are worth seeing but not at €20 the staff seem very surly except for the cafe staff where the food was good and not expensive

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This museum does not feature exceptional contemporary paintings - unless I missed a gallery or two. At the time we visited, the attractions were an exhibit of Robert Mapplethorpe photographs and Anish Kapoor “creations”. The Mappelthrope exhibit is awful.........many photos of male genitalia and other weird stuff. I do not consider him a great photographer...........he’s in it mostly for the shock value.
I am glad we saw the gardens, but would not make a return visit unless there was an exhibit of quality paintings.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Museu Serralves hosts excellent exhibitions, and we were fortunate to be in Porto to see Robert Mappelthorpe's fascinating and controversial photos.
In addition to the museum, the gardens are filled with a number of treasures. We found it especially intriguing to walk back and forth in front of the Angelo de Sousa.
Don't miss the pink villa, a fabulous art deco mansion that will transport you back in time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have lived and visited Porto now for 10 years and only discovered this gem one year ago. We thought the inside of the museum was average to above average (depending on the exhibit) and planned to return. We have now visited several times and discovered the absolute beauty of the Serralves park surrounding the museum and the integration of artwork into the outdoor spaces. This institution is a great complement to both the neighborhood, Porto and Portugal that we can all stand proud of.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

The collection consists of a diversity of art pieces of which not all of them were my cup of tea but were intriguing to look at. The museum and gardens offer a great way to spend your afternoon a little outside of the city center.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

We visited this museum during the free entrance sunday morning. Exhibitions space, building and gardens are kept in very good condition. Its a lot of space and light inside but the biggest advantage of this museum is quality of presented art. Visit in this museum was one of the best experiences in Porto:)