“uma descoberta!”
Review of Antunes

Antunes
Reserve with
Antunes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,743 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Normally not fond of meat, I have to admit this is a very good place to eat the restaurant's specialty, with a very modest price and a cosy atmosphere :P

3  Thank Sofia S
There are newer reviews for Antunes

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We found this place near the hotel and we didn't expect it to be so good. It's a traditional, no-frill restaurant. We really enjoyed the food and the bill at the end was ridiculously cheap! Very thoughtful and gentle staff. Highly recommended!

1  Thank AleGio13
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Dunring a long stay in Porto i've went several times to this restaurant. The staff is amazing. I've had the pleasure to become friend to some of them like Mr Reis and Mr Nuno. The cuisine is amazing from the local and remember everyting in my childhood with some plates maden in family meetings. My favorite one in the pork! I'll certainly come back, sometimes go to Porto just for wine and food in Antunes. The best local restaurant for portugueses food! The staff speaks several languages... english, spanih, french and portuguese for sure!

1  Thank Emerson A
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Yes, service was friendly, and prices reasonable, at least on par with other less touristic restaurants. However, the food was disappointing. We were not really given any choice but to order the pork knuckle, (having now read other reviews, this seems to be standard practice). The portion was huge, but the meat not as tender as I'd expect from a slow cooked joint. This was accompanied by some average roast potatoes and veg garnish, all in a garlicky oil. I can't remember what dessert we had, so it can't have been that good.

There were TVs on at both ends of the restaurant. Again, this is standard practice in a lot of Portuguese restaurants, but for me detracts from the ambiance.

2  Thank iamnotbatman
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We wanted to avoid a tourist trap and I think we got it. We seemed the only non-Portuguese there. As he handed us the menu the waiter said the house specialty was the pork knuckle and everybody seemed to be having that so we didn't really look at anything else on the menu. The house red was excellent and good value at under EUR 5 per bottle. The knuckled filled up two hungry men to the extent there was no room to try the house dessert which also looked delicious. Great if you like pork knuckles and want a buzzy no frills place. The meal for 2 came to under EUR 25 including tips.