The Rex Hotel
$303
$225
$203
  • Breakfast included
Star Inn Porto(Porto)(Great Value!)
$74
$179
$87
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsevery morningwould stay here againvery nice hoteltop floormetro stationcomfortportuguese
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We got a room in the basement, with little window with view to the sidewalk. The bed was very uncomfortable and made squiky noises. Our bathroom had very old appliances and sometimes pipes made strange noises. Breakfast was very poor. The old man at the reception was speaking many languages fluently but we had an impression like he was the only person running the hotel. It must have been a good hotel in the 60's or so. Now it is downgraded, prices dropped as probably someone bought it and never intended to renovate. Stay away. Shabby chic is not comfortable.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milka P
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The hotel is located in a very old building with unpleasant odour of used stuff. The room was dirty, noisy and very cold. It had cracked washbasin, extremely uncomfortable bed, there was not a single plug socket and even no hairdryer.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was the worst hotel I ever visited. Even though the road outside of the hotel was not very big, the noise in the hotel room was so loud. We had the room just at the entrance and therefore we also had noice from all people coming back in the night. It felt as if we had the cars and the other guest just next to our bed! The overall feeling was also very dirty. I didn't even want to sleep in the bed so I kept my normal clothes on. The pictures of the hotel on the hotel webpage looks quite ok but I was very disappointed. The weekend I had there was supposed to be a relaxing weekend but I was exhausted when I came back because of no night sleep at all.

Room Tip: If you anyway decide to go to this hotel, even though I strongly recommend you not to, ask for not staying in the room at the entrance of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lina O
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I had a room on the ground floor – one below street level and it was dark, damp, noisy and although I had asked for a room with light and little noise, they didn’t seem to care. Also, by about 6pm the neighborhood is a ghost town, bus service is not good and it’s a cab ride down to Ribera and the wine lodges. I walked it one night around 7pm and was hassled quite a bit. They say they provide breakfast but don't tell you it is another 10 euro!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank sfgirl48
Reviewed September 15, 2006

This place is absolutely gorgeous - an old mansion turned to hotel rooms, and incredible rates! The breakfast had yogurt, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, toast, croissants. The bathroom was huge, and we even had a separate small bedroom with a single bed. I loved this place.

Stayed: June 2006