“A breath of fresh air”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Porto, Portugal
“A breath of fresh air”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Love this place, 2nd time here. Quirky, cool, very chilled and funky vibe make this a top Sunday lunch spot. Best to order 5 or so dishes and share so you can try the delicious food. Chocolate chilli cake was absolutely amazing.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JoelMariaandSam

Dublin, Ireland
“Lots of fun & something different”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We first discovered this one night when out for a walk one night in May along the riverside in Porto. It was buzzing with young-ish locals, and although we didn't want dinner, were compelled to try it. We sat outside and had a glass of wine and a few small dishes (mango chicken spring rolls, yum yum).

We loved it! Great service, and a quirky, inexpensive menu with everything cooked in a tiny little kitchen, which you can see if you are seated inside. The food is inventive and varied, I think the menu changes each month. The presentation is very modern casual and off-beat, but it never feels pretentious, and it never seems to be at the cost of taste either.

It's the quirky touches that really win you over, I won't ruin the surprises! I can say - it's eclectic, and a little bit chabby-chic, but in the main - its completely un-like the most restaurants in Porto (many of which are really great - but they a lot are fairly traditional) We've been back twice since, once in July and then once again last month. On last month's visit we were part of a party of seven irish, there for a family celebration. Staff were very flexible and friendly to a tee - I really can't recommend this place enough. It's a little off the tourist track, but it'll only cost you about a fiver in a taxi at most if your staying in or around central porto - try it!

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Absolutely wonderful meal!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I wandered in here after taking a walk along the water. The dishes people had coming to them and the smells coming from the kitchen were wonderful so we decided to stay. We ordered a variety of dishes - some meat, some fish, and some vegetables - all were delicious. The staff was very friendly and attentive and called us a taxi when we were ready to leave. I would highly recommend this place!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Trav1326
“Great Tapas Restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Probably ordered 6 or 7 things and everything we ordered was fresh and awesome. Great views on the Tramway of the river. Was packed at 2pm for lunch. Bottle of wine and tapas overlooking the Douro makes for a pretty great day. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable waitstaff. Great place for lunch.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Josh C
Portugal
“RUN AWAY Before you get disappointed!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went to this place after being recommended by some friends. It is a kind of tapas restaurant. We had a lunch on a Sunday, the food is terrible, most of it I don't consider that fresh. The taste of the food is really weird, I will never again return to this place ever again. The service was wrong, the ingredients not looking good.
Overall I had a terrible experience and even today I remember about the worst meal I ever had in my life was in this restaurant. We came out hungry and had to go eat somewhere else because we could not enjoy any of the dishes we asked. The "turkey oreo" they had was really looking like a frozen product coming out of a cheap supermarket and done quickly on a frying machine. Really disgusting, I am sorry to describe it this way but I don't understand how people are voting this place more than terrible: either they have very low standards or we had the worst they in their cooking history.
Never come here!
If you found this review helpful, please vote below.
Thanks,