“Excellent experience for dinner”
Review of Palco

Palco
Reserve with
Palco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #222 of 1,743 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Portuguese, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated on the main floor of Hotel Teatro, the restaurant is the center of exotic and contemporary sensations, with the delicious production brought to you by a perfectly attuned cast of tastes.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed at the hotel and had dinner here one night. We did the 5 course with wine. Wonderful. Excellent amuse bouce, too. We agree with all the raving reviews. Try it before it gets too popular..

2  Thank sailorcat60
There are newer reviews for Palco

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Two weeks travelling in Spain, Portugal and France and we wonder if we have just had the best meal of our holiday? Undoubtedly fine dining at a very high level, presented in an exceptional way Restaurant Palco in Hotel Teatro succeeds wher many others do not. From the moment you arrive outside yo wonder what lies within. An ultra modern exterior in a traditional setting in the heart of Porto sets the senses and raises excitement. Step inside to the dimly lit interior compared to the bright sunlit street and you will wonder what to expect next. Nothing has been left to chance with very careful detail in the interior design custom made furniture and attentive staff. What does all of this have to do with food, I hear you ask, detail presentation and........taste. We chose not to have the Tasting menu but chose items from it. At first a little difficult to understand, the menu shows two tasting choices, some priced separately, which can be chosen as individual dishes, some not which are part of the teasing menus. Have had scallops twice in the last two days I opted for the veal tail with foie gras and pomme purée my wife chose the Iberian ham both very good in different ways but signs of what the chef can produce. We both then chose the venison loin with Apple, Beetroot and chanterelles beautifully cooked beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. One vanilla ice with a chocolate wafer and one deconstructed cheesecake served to resemble a window with passion fruit and mango, beautiful. All in all a night to remember and definitely worth a visit, in fact I would go as far as to say a must if in Porto.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Recommended by our B&B, Palco was an exceptional dining experience. Food, wine, service and presentation were all first rate. The dining room is an architectural work of art. Easily the best restaurant we found in Portugal. Thanks to Jorge Soares for making us feel welcome.

1  Thank MovinOn360
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This restaurant is worth a michelin star. The cuisine is creative and very good. The wine selection was also excellent.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

It was my birthday so I had read the reviews and wanted to eat somewhere special while I was on holidays. First impressions, the decor is on the dark side but I don't think it suffered for it as it was very stylish. At 8 there were only a handful of the tables occupied but it quickly got busier. We were seated straight away. The menu has two tasting options with the option of a drinks accompaniment for additional twenty euro. It was a little confusing because you could order a la carte also from the same menu so some items had prices beside them. The waiter quickly talked us through it, we opted for the cheaper tasting menu as there was less fish. First we got some delicious bread and an amazing tomato tapinade. Which we both loved. They do have a nice touch of leaving a small description of the courses you've choosen beside you so you can recheck. The first course of scallops was a triumph, beautiful to look at and to eat. Although when I say scallops I mean there was one scallop. Everything worked on the plate. After that some of the courses didn't work aswell with the Bass and Bivalve probably the most disappointing, also I was a bit underwhelmed with some of the wines. Service was good, we were offered extra bread to lap up the delicious tapinade, although there was a mix up with our water (as they don't leave it on the table) and they poured sparkling water into our still water. I did notice some people waiting for a while to be seated once the restaurant got busier. In terms of atmosphere it was very hushed the night we were there.
As I did think the food was very beautiful to look at and in the most part was a pleasure to eat, portion size varied, I've attached photos. Not quite as I had hoped after reading the reviews here but still very enjoyable food.