“Delicious rice...”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had decent good salads as starters but the quality and richness of the rices were superb. We had camaraos (shrimps) rice with fish...that really pay the visit...

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I arrived the 4th of February in Porto, and I will leave this magnificent city the 2nd of July.
As my guest college is really bad and all my lessons are in Portuguese, I have a lot of free time.
During my free moments I tried a lot of terraces, bars and restaurants in Porto and certainly at Ribeira.

Even tough this is probably one of the most expensive bars at Ribeira (certainly for drinks like Port wine and other wines), it is absolutely my favourite!

The staff is extremely friendly, their English is very good, they are good-looking and they make good recommendations about what to take and how everything is being served.

I don't know why, but their orange-juice is simply amazing.
The rabbit is very tasteful, the tripas have a pure taste and the 'steer' is simply amazing (amazing sauce). I come from Belgium - the country with the best fries, but I must admit that the fries that they serve here are simply delicious! The best fries I ever had outside Belgium! The ice-cream with Port wine is awesome (and it's not just a little bit Port wine)!

As I have some problems with my back, it is difficult for my to find comfortable chairs. Well, Alzira has the perfect chairs. The naps on the tables are colourful and give that little bit more that other bars don't have. The view from this terrace is the best!

The boss should work on her smile. After all the times I visited the bar / restaurant, she should already know me, but she keeps looking mad at me.

I will keep going there until I go back to Belgium. And if I ever go back to Porto, I will go there again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The place is nice, typically warm and with a great view.
Service was professional and food was good, but a bit overpriced.
Basically is a tourist orientated restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had our favorite lunch in Porto here. Good service, great view and nice food. No issues at all and would return to this nice restaurant

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had dinner here the first night in Porto. We had the most absolute cute waiter named Vitor . He made recommendations on the menu that were perfect. The atmosphere was lovely. We sat by a window upstairs and it too was perfect.