“My favourite spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of O Restaurante da Alzira

O Restaurante da Alzira
Ranked #623 of 1,611 Restaurants in Porto
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Antwerp, Belgium
“My favourite spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I arrived the 4th of February in Porto, and I will leave this magnificent city the 2nd of July.
As my guest college is really bad and all my lessons are in Portuguese, I have a lot of free time.
During my free moments I tried a lot of terraces, bars and restaurants in Porto and certainly at Ribeira.

Even tough this is probably one of the most expensive bars at Ribeira (certainly for drinks like Port wine and other wines), it is absolutely my favourite!

The staff is extremely friendly, their English is very good, they are good-looking and they make good recommendations about what to take and how everything is being served.

I don't know why, but their orange-juice is simply amazing.
The rabbit is very tasteful, the tripas have a pure taste and the 'steer' is simply amazing (amazing sauce). I come from Belgium - the country with the best fries, but I must admit that the fries that they serve here are simply delicious! The best fries I ever had outside Belgium! The ice-cream with Port wine is awesome (and it's not just a little bit Port wine)!

As I have some problems with my back, it is difficult for my to find comfortable chairs. Well, Alzira has the perfect chairs. The naps on the tables are colourful and give that little bit more that other bars don't have. The view from this terrace is the best!

The boss should work on her smile. After all the times I visited the bar / restaurant, she should already know me, but she keeps looking mad at me.

I will keep going there until I go back to Belgium. And if I ever go back to Porto, I will go there again.

• Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
Galway, Ireland
“Good food, a bit expensive...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The place is nice, typically warm and with a great view.
Service was professional and food was good, but a bit overpriced.
Basically is a tourist orientated restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Really nice lunch here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had our favorite lunch in Porto here. Good service, great view and nice food. No issues at all and would return to this nice restaurant

• Visited April 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had dinner here the first night in Porto. We had the most absolute cute waiter named Vitor . He made recommendations on the menu that were perfect. The atmosphere was lovely. We sat by a window upstairs and it too was perfect.

• Visited September 2012
Nova Scotia
“Basic eats”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We dropped in as we were walking by as the location is right on the river and the decor is quite nice. We were greeted and seated right away and our server was very professional and his English was excellent. Unlike most restaurants in Porto, they did not bring a "cover". The food was decent, but not great, and neither was the presentation. I ordered the local sausage and although is was prepared table side with some flair, the sausage was just placed on a white plate with nothing else. This may seem picky to some, but the presentation is part of the experience.
Overall, an average experience.