“Excellent hamburger”
Review of BUGO Art Burgers

BUGO Art Burgers
Ranked #58 of 1,829 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bugo Art Burgers is located at Miguel Bombarda Street, the Art Galleries’ Street of Oporto city. Its main goal is to challenge the predefined concept of a hamburger place.Having the Burger as its main theme, the menu was inspired by international gastronomy combined with the essence of Portuguese cuisine. Textures, flavors and sensations make BUGO a restaurant of experiences.BUGO offers a different and varied menu that surprises. Where else could you taste a hamburger with chopsticks?
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I already knew the place was good. The meat is extraordinary, well cooked (my burger, was really rare, as I asked). The desserts are also great. The service is very good, although we had the bad luck of having training staff that night, but that just made the service a little bit slower, that's all. The place is small, and the tables are too close from each other, so if you want privacy don't go there, perfect for families and friends, not couples.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I sought out this place because we are both vegetarian and had been having a hard time finding varied veggie options in Porto. Bugo has three different kinds of veggie burgers, so we were delighted! The place is located in a quiet street by one of the city parks. The restaurant is cosy chic, the prices are very affordable. My boyfriend ordered the chick pea burger and I the lentil burger. We both had roasted potatoes and a salad on the side (the sides were included in the main dish). The burgers were both very flavorful, but we were surprised to see that they did not come on a bun. Perhaps you had to ask for this, as we saw some other couples with bunned-burgers. We had a bit of room to split a Port wine pannacotta for dessert. We enjoyed our stay very much and would come back again. Only downside was our not-so-friendly waitress. All in all we paid 25 Euro for two people, so a great deal!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Definitely not in the tourist section of Porto, but worth the cost of the taxi. The restaurant's menu is a nice break from traditional Portugese food. My daughter enjoyed the vegetarian burger and I enjoyed the sirloin burger -- quality ingredients, well prepared meal. It is a small place and filled up quickly so do make a reservation. So if you need a break from traditional Portugese food Bugo will no disappoint -- or break the bank.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is not in the centre of Porto, but if you like a good burger, make sure you visit. We combined it with a walk around the Jardins do Palácio de Cristal, which is round the corner and has fantastic views of the Douro river. Just make sure you walk around the back of the dome building.

Anyway, as for the burgers. Neither of ours came in a bun, so it's a little more formal eating experience then your typical UK pub burger. There are a number of different options for burger toppings. The burger's are really, really good & it's so cheap. I reckon you would pay at least double if this was London.

There are only 6 tables outside, there are more inside, but it is a small restaurant. We got lucky as we were able to sit down outside with no wait. However, a number of people turned up right after us and must have been waiting 20-30 mins before they could get a table. I'm not sure if they take reservations, but beware this place is popular and rightly so.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We decided to eat here after reading the trip advisor reviews and after following the map we finally found the absolutely magnificent restaurant. The food was on a different level to anywhere else we ate in Porto and the prices were refreshingly reasonable for such fine food fair. It's a little off the beaten track but sometimes the path less worn delivers a hidden gem.