This hotel is centrally located in a walking distance to most tourist attractions. The hotel is new even though the building itself is quite old. The breakfast is quite good with some exotic items like jam made from tomatoes or pumpkin. Rooms are spacious. Good advice was provided by concierge re where to have a dinner.
We have been upgraded on arrival due to having a gold loyalty card.
You might be offered a glass of port wine upon check-in.
1)They have a shuttle to Corte Inglese (the department store), albeit we have not been told about it - even though we have asked them to order us a taxi to go there. This was a bit of a nuisance.
2) They have not addressed our request re pillows/blankets, which was not too difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORICAL PALACE AT THE HEART OF THE CITY CENTRE. Located in the heart of the Historical Centre, classified as World Heritage by UNESCO, the InterContinental Porto - Palacio das Cardosas is the result of a careful renovation of a palace dated from the end of the 18th century. The Hotel is located in Oporto’s main city square, the Praça da Liberdade,within walking distance from all the major cultural highlights,trendy shops, bars and restaurants. The Hotel comprises 105 spacious rooms and suites, the Astoria Restaurant, Cardosas Bar, meeting and banqueting rooms, as well as a Wellness Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Porto Palacio das Cardosas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Porto Palacio Das Cardosas Hotel Porto