Porto is a great city, and I can't imagine a better place to stay to ensure you get the most out your visit. We stayed at the Intercontinental for a long weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and as I am a Priority Club Ambassador we were upgraded to a beautiful duplex suite on the top floor. A great start!
The location is perfect for exploring the city and the region, less than 10 mins walk to the river and very convenient for the main Sao Bento station for local/regional trains or the city metro.
The hotel facilities were very good but what really made the difference was the staff. In particular the Concierge team led by Goncales and Rogerio went out of their way to:
- provide superb restaurant recommendations and very efficient reservation service;
- transport advice and train timetables for our day trip up the Douro valley, (a beautiful trip, highly recommended!) which made booking tickets much simpler across the street at Sao Bento;
- get hold of football tickets at very short notice (in good seats too) for an international match at Dragao.
The team were always willing to chat about Porto in general, or to get our feedback on the places we'd been to, especially to ensure we'd liked the places they had recommended.
All in all, the friendliest and most professional Concierge team I've come across in years of business and leisure travel. I really look forward to another opportunity to visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORICAL PALACE AT THE HEART OF THE CITY CENTRE. Located in the heart of the Historical Centre, classified as World Heritage by UNESCO, the InterContinental Porto - Palacio das Cardosas is the result of a careful renovation of a palace dated from the end of the 18th century. The Hotel is located in Oporto’s main city square, the Praça da Liberdade,within walking distance from all the major cultural highlights,trendy shops, bars and restaurants. The Hotel comprises 105 spacious rooms and suites, the Astoria Restaurant, Cardosas Bar, meeting and banqueting rooms, as well as a Wellness Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Porto Palacio das Cardosas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Porto Palacio Das Cardosas Hotel Porto