Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Douro River Cruise

Our one-day cruise included a trip up river from Porto to Regua, with a return trip by train to the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Fran H
Atlanta, Georgia
Portugal Tour

I arranged for a private tour with 'Virginia' from Ecotours and was given a couple of options based... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Astor D

All reviews eco tour day tour private tour beautiful country driver guide train ride prompt response group tour douro river cruise excellent tour small group by foot port houses patricia sintra portugal company
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had Eco Tours(PatriciaAlves) arrange a 5 day tour of northern Portugal with a private driver and guide. The accommodations she chose were outstanding.. 2 of the hotels had Michelin one star restaurants. Our driver/guide Rogerio arrived to pick us up in a black,spotless S class Mercedes he wearing a dark suit and tie. He was extremely knowledgeable, spoke flawless English, and catered to our every need.On our last day when he took us to the Porto Airport he did not just drop us off at the entrance but rather escorted us right through immigration. He knew all the right people.Ms Alves,who I never met or talked to was a pleasure to work with via email and made our arrangements which were a bit complicated with ease. We would certainly use Eco's services again. Try the Yeatman Hotel in Porto its fantastic. Robert Brookman

2  Thank Polybrook
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Spent two weeks in Portugal, this one day trip was the highlight. We unfortunately did not have enough time on our itinerary to spend multiple days in Duoro Valley but this service provided us with a high quality in-depth tour of the valley.

Our guide, Roger, is a local and was able to provide explanation that was rich in history and tradition. He showed us views that were breath taking, historical sites that would not be seen in large group tours and treated us to intimate tastings at local handcrafted winemakers that blew our minds.

A return trip to Duoro Valley is on our list, thanks to the taste this company provided. If we never make it back, we will forever cherish our intimate, in-depth tour of the valley. Forget the big tours - this personal service is the way to go!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I wanted a quick trip to Porto and the Douro Valley while in Portugal for the Rotary International Convention. The staff at Eco Tours were all very helpful in making suggestions and booking a memorable tour. We took the train to Porto from Lisbon, riding first class. It is assigned seating, if you have motion sickness, I suggest requesting a forward facing seat. We were able to trade seats because there was space available. The train ride provided an opportunity to see the landscape. Luis met us at the train station and droppedus at the Grande Hotel do Porto. Along the way he pointed out historical spots. We spent the afternoon in Porto, touring by foot on our own, stopping at the Majestic for lunch. Eco had arranged for a 50 minute Douro River tour which was a great way to view the surroundings. In the morning we were picked up by Luis and toured Aramante, two port producing quintas (farms - in Portugal, but in the U.S., we would call wineries). We stopped for lunch in Pinho at LBV 79 and visited the train station. Luis then transported us back to Lisbon. Luis was very informative, had good suggestions and was open to questions. We so appreciated having his driving expertise to get us back to our apartment in Lisbon and his knowledge of the area. His day lasted well over 12 hours I highly recommend Eco tours - affordable and professional.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I contacted Eco Tours about a month in advance of our trip and were well handled by Tania via e-mail. She was helpful and put together a two day tour of Porto, the Duoro valley and even booked a hotel for us. However, the best part was the actual touring. Fernando was very knowledgeable, engaging, helpful and all around wonderful tour guide for our two day trip. I would recommend Fernando and Ecotours for anyone who wants an experience a class above.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My Wife and I recently went to Portugal for our Honeymoon and contacted EcoTours for the Porto part of our trip. After emailing our specific requests (Day trip to the Duoro Valley, several wine-tastings, private driver, Duoro River cruise), Patricia Alves got back to us with a very reasonable quote. She was extremely easy to work with and made planning the trip a snap. On the day of our trip, our driver was prompt, pleasant, and very knowledgable. The wine tours were amazing and the river cruise could not be beat. The day was so great, it quickly became the highlight of our trip. We cannot thank EcoTours and Patricia enough. I would definitely suggest this service to future travelers.

1  Thank ericleonard