The hotel is great in appearance, in a great location, and the staff really do all they can for you as well. Everything is new and clean. I had one of the suites, but was not totally happy overall. I greatly prefer that amenities are very functional and comfortable to use, not only good looking.
Things that bothered me:
1) I was not told that my suite would be a loft. I despise lofts. There is a long and possibly dangerous staircase to go up. Basically, lots of up and down if you want to make any use of your so-called suite.
2) View from the loft window was indeed good. The balcony, however, is on the lower floor, and is unusable. Apart from all the seagull droppings, there is roaring traffic all day long, and nearby construction, which of course is not the hotel's fault. All there is to see from the balcony is constant traffic, and working men hanging out and talking in front of the hotel at all hours.
3) Internet works fine, but the new ID and password that you have to get every day is a pain in the butt.
4) There is no desk or chair, which is my preferred way of using my laptop. You have to share a ledge with the coffee and tea making facilities, and sit on an automan that is too low.
5) Closet and safe are under the steel stairs.
6) Shower and bathroom floor are incredibly slippery. I was almost scared when having a shower. The floor is the only place to put soap or shampoo when you are in the shower.
In a nutshell, the hotel looks great, and the staff is great, but because of the above mentioned drawbacks, I cannot give the hotel a top rating. However, based on some other people that I talked to, you could very likely do far worse in Porto.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Carris Porto Ribeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.