“Fantastic octopus!”

Ranked #254 of 2,187 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant O Marinheiro is placed in Praça D. Filipa de Lencastre in Porto downtown nearby the City Hall and very close to Torre dos Clérigos.This is the ideal place for your daily meals and the perfect place to have a nice dinner with friends having the chance to enjoy the tipical and pleasent atmosphere that this Restaurant has.With a capacity to serve 80 pax, (inside and outside) we are willing to offer you a perfect service with portuguese traditional food where the regional plates, the homemade deserts and the good wines meet the demand of the taste and preference of the most demanding visitor.Always working to be better joining the quality of the food with the friendly service of the staff.Come and visit us we are waiting for you!!!
Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant! Lovely staff! Food was and great quality. The clams were excellent and the octopus was out of this world! The fish soup was a little less interesting but I wholeheartedly recommend the seafood!!! Go to this place, you won’t be disappointed:)

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

Please ! Go to this amazing place, we paid 40 euros for 3 entrées one main course and a bottle of wine. The clambs were amazing, and the octopus out of this world. The staff was very nice and welcoming, I will definatly come back before I leave Porto. The definition à a traditional family restaurant.

Thank you for the great evening !

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 25, 2018

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of our hotel receptionist, and it was good. Standard Portuguese fish dishes well done. Nothing very dramatic and not smart, but if you want a good, simple meal it's perfect.Padron peppers (which I love) and good inexpensive wine.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Been to here 3 times for 3 days.
I got recommended from A native here and it was A big success.
Seafood rice and Octopus steak are very recommended. Wine were very good too. All workers here were so kind and tried their best for my ask. Feel like my family.
If i come here again someday I would definately back. Price was also reason able.

아시안 입맛에 잘 맞고 친절합니다. 가격대도 합리적이고 위치도 좋습니다. 3일에 3번 옴. 해산물 강추합니다. 현지인에게 추천받아 온 집.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018

This restaurant has been maintaining the same standards since I first tried it more than 10 years ago. They serve what I like to call comfort food, genuine and typical Portuguese recipes at an affordable price. There is a reasonable variety of daily specials and other fish and meat options on the menu. The owners are truly welcoming and always try to maintain a relaxed and friendly environment.

Date of visit: April 2018