“Top 3 Francesinha”
Review of Cafe Santiago

Cafe Santiago
Ranked #96 of 1,657 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family Café/Restaurant, open since 1959, typical from Porto, which serves the most appreciated by locals citizens Francesinha, the famous and multi awarded Francesinha Santiago(R)
Porto, Portugal
“Top 3 Francesinha”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It's not what you expect from a restaurant, it's more like a café, so if you're on a low budget, don't miss it. Plenty of other choises rather Francesinha, but once you're there you'll see that 90% of people are there for Francesinha.
Thursday they serve another typical Porto dish: Tripas. Also recommended.
the place is always full and it's noisy. I simply go there by the taste of the food

• Visited October 2012

Johannesburg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice setting”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

we really where looking forward to try the famouse speciality of Porto, the Francesinah. We wanted to try a good one, so we got recommended this restaurant. We enjoyed everything in the restaurant, staff was friendly, but the Francesinah is not our cup of tea I guess!

• Visited July 2012
Waco, Texas
“The Best Frenchy Sandwich from Porto other than "Tappas Caffe"”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

So my boyfriend took me here since he is from Porto, the atmosphere was great, and 2nd to best francesinha that i had eaten up to until now! The best part was the french fries dipped in the sauce!!!!!!!! Yummmm!!!!

• Visited October 2011
Odivelas, Portugal
“A good honest "Francesinha"”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Known for "Francesinha", it's a restaurant where the specialty is particularly delicious (no changes or additions that sometimes only worsen the dish).

Good price, you may want to arrive early (the restaurant is always full).

• Visited May 2012
“Allegedly the best Franchesihna in Porto”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

After asking both the people in my hotel and your guide where I could find the best Franchesihna in Porto - they both immediately said this place.

I was very eager to try this as I had already had one at a different place and could not imagine how it could get better.

We walked in with a group of friends and everyone as far as I could see was having one - good sign.

It was very tasty, and the sauce was amazing but my fries were a bit soggy and too oily. They also didn't take credit cards - which was annoying because I was running low on cash.

I'm not sure it was the best Franchesihna but it was pretty good.