Hotel Teatro Porto
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,713 results
All reviewstheatrical themedesign hotelsmoked glassdim lightingglass doorthemed hotelcentral locationrain showerthe rivercomplimentary glass of portsparkling winejunior suitereception staffbreakfast was excellentwelcome drinksao bento train stationport wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is well located in Porto and is within easy walking distance of most sites and restaurants.
It has reasonable facilities for a short stay and the staff are very friendly and efficient.
Whilst I appreciate that this is a boutique hotel and is themed and designed as a theatre, there are a number of areas where the design has won out over practicality. The interior is very dark and a torch would therefore be useful (!) - a bit odd really as most theatres I have been to have illumination in public areas. The main observation in the bedrooms is the impracticable design of the bathrooms, however, from talking with other guests we believe that this may only be an issue with the smallest rooms on offer. The glazed doors to the bathrooms are impracticable and you can easily cause a major flood from the shower - so bad in our case that I was waiting for Noah to resuce us!
Breakfast was very good as was the bar and public areas.
Reception staff were helpful in pointing us in the right direction for sight seeing and tours.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank clivecSurrey
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The location is indeed perfect to visit the main tourist spots of the city and also the bar area at night. The theater theme is all over the hotel which is nice but also makes it very dark. We stayed in a standard double room and the size was OK and clean only the pillows did not smell fresh and the water was flowing out of the shower. The breakfast was good and the service friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank mcflateric
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went with my husband for a long weekend. The hotel's location is central and easily accessible. We really liked the theatre style theme and felt a lot of thought has gone into the fixtures and fittings to ensure the theme is throughout all of the hotel.

Breakfast was adequate with a decent selection of fruits, pastries and continental meats/cheeses. One annoyance was that the tea is so weak and on asking for the tea bag to be supplied in the teapot I was told there are no tea bags - a strange answer to what I thought was simple request.

The rooms are quirky, clean and comfortable. The shower is great. We enjoyed a complimentary bottle of ruby port and chocolates delivered to our room as we are Mr and Mrs Smith members. We also received a complimentary glass of port each in the bar.

Reception staff were helpful and obliging.

We would return to this hotel and very much enjoyed the city of Porto for a long weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liverchick
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I actually visited in May 2012 but by the looks of the recent reviews it is still as good at it was then!! Fab hotel, makes sure that the old cinema/theatre theme is apparent absolutely everywhere, from the costumes hanging around reception and the bar area to the 'mood lighting' throughout the hotel.

by far the comfiest bed I have EVER slept in, be it at a hotel or not!

The 'bathroom situation' is pretty hit and miss - I went with family, and the room I was in, the bathroom was completely private - there was a frosted glass front wall but nothing could be seen through it and the shower/toilet etc was tucked away to the side. The bathroom in the room that my parents were in was pretty un-private but still wasn't a big problem! Their room also had a really lovely balcony which was a good size and looked out onto the main road the hotel is on.

One of my all time favourite hotels, definitely worth a visit!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lucy C
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights in this hotel. It has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Due to a damaged sink we were upgraded from a standard room to a junior suite, and I have to say that it was stunning.

There are lots of other reviews that mention the lighting and bathrooms. The lighting is dim/subtle, I didnt find this an issue, but my wife found the reception and corridors rather oppressive, and impractical for make up application. The bathrooms are fairly unique, but there are doors/blinds/curtains that do offer enough privacy.

We didnt eat in the hotel (apart from breakfast) but the menu looked very good.

Breakfast was fine, not the best I`ve ever had, but by no means the worst. I recommend going early, or you may have to wait for a table.

Good central location, some road noise, but its a city center hotel, what do you expect!

Excellent staff, the most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel, and very nice complimentary port and chocolates!

One point- I think the cleaners suffer from the same issues as guests, as I found a black sock from a previous guest when I was tidying up. Wouldnt have noticed it but I stood on it in bare feet! Perhaps head torches for the staff?? :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple