“An Easy 5 Stars Here As It's So Good”

Travesso Restaurante & Bar
Ranked #4 of 2,230 Restaurants in Porto
Description: Travesso played a trick on the rhythm of the present by lingering to the slow burner of the traditional Portuguese cuisine. We bring to the table the flavors of Portugal combining the seasoning of the new culinary techniques with the wise intuition of our elders. Everything to make you feel at home, just like in those Sunday family gatherings where we leave with a full belly and a happy palate.
Reviewed May 10, 2019

An easy 5 stars here as it's so good. Our waitress (whose name I missed) was really good and explained the menu - which needed fully explaining to us Brits. We didn't really know what we were ordering e.g. tuna pica-pau but WOW it was all so delicious including one of those 'best I've ever tasted' desserts called 'sericaia with fermented plum'. Just try it!
With a lovely Douro wine this was all at a reasonable price. Our waitress continued to be friendly and very helpful making this a wonderful last night in wonderful Porto.

1  Thank Bazza14
travesso_restaurante, Gestor at Travesso Restaurante & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your opinion. We're glad you had such a positive experience! :)

Reviewed May 5, 2019

I visited this restaurant with 3 other friends while on vacation in Porto with the aim of trying some authentic portuguese food. The food was great as well as the cocktails. The waiters were able to explain everything on the menu and kept coming to our table to check on us. Highly recommend!

1  Thank 02regina
Reviewed May 2, 2019

To start with, the service was great. I had the chance to talk to almost all the waiters as they were more than happy about welcoming and helping people. As I was a little bit confused about the main dishes, the guy at the bar kindly explained each and every one in deep detail.
The food... wow! My codfish Braga style was amazing. Really good fish, perfect cooking (crunchy outside, fresh inside) and served in a fancy way. As one of the guys said: "like my grandma would prepare it but presented in a nowadays-style".
I didn't have the chance to try anything else but from what I saw and read, I would also recommend the pica-pau tuna!
And also important, very good prices!

1  Thank CrisCrisssA

Thank you so much for your visit and for the positive review! :)

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Sehr gutes Essen, Kreativ, nicht zu teuer, sehr gute Qualität und supernetter Service - Was will man mehr.
Really good food, creative, good quality and not too expensive. The service is really good. A good start for a perfect dinner.

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

I visited this restaurant last month with my wife, what a wonderful surprise!

The menu was carefully designed, with traditional recipes in small doses so you can absorb a full Portuguese experience.

Wonderful service, including a cellar full of regional wines.

I do recommend.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank JoseEduardoB51
travesso_restaurante, Proprietário at Travesso Restaurante & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Thank you so much for your visit and for sharing your experience! Hopefully you'll visit us again soon! :)