“Great”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Great food, amazing hospitality and a reasonable price. You can find tourists and plenty of locals as well, so it's not a typical tourist restaurant. A must go in Porto!

1  Thank Diogo P
There are newer reviews for A Grade

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This restaurant was very busy and we were looking forward to our first evening meal in Porto. I had cod cooked in the oven and my husband a tomato rice and prawns. The food was only average. My cod was dry and the veg with it tasteless the prawns were just ok, have had much better, the rice not a great flavour. Sorry to be negative but I would not return, perhaps just not our style as others are very positive.

1  Thank emarNorthernIreland
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I tried this place on a recommendation from her brother. Its quite small, only seating 16 people ( book or go early ) We were greeted and made to feel very welcome even though we had not booked. The food was excellent, I had the fried sardines and my girlfriend had the Sole. The service throughout was brilliant and the cost was very reasonable.

1  Thank Tim355
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a delightful, small (only four tables inside) restaurant on a narrow street snaking up from the Duoro. I ordered the grilled cod and my wife ordered clams. The cod was perfect: a bit oily and salty, and just rich with flavor. We were both extremely pleased with the food and the service. As with many -- maybe most -- restaurants in Porto, they will bring appetizers to your table without your having requested them. Simply say no thanks, however, and the appetizers go away.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant a lot! The young goat was delicious, the whole shrimp was perfect and both were huge servings. We knew we were supposed to have reservations, but went early and the boss let us in. His son and him were great (even with dad having a language barrier)... best meal in Portugal, not pricey and GREAT service.

Had a blast.