“An EXCEPTIONAL place”
Review of MUU Steakhouse

MUU Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 2,236 Restaurants in Porto
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Managed to get a reservation for 10pm on Sunday evening. Staff was very focused on creating great guests experience. Food was incredible: steak, sides and the dessert. I had a representation of birds nest on my plate with white chocolate eggs. INCREDIBLE. Manager of the restaurant even ran out of the restaurant after me to say goodbye. Very impressive.

1  Thank Dawid d
Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Enjoyed a great Birthday meal and was very well looked after. The waiters are very attentive and help explain the choices on the menu. Also gave great advice regarding the wine. Overall a very memorable birthday.

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

First class restaurant with amazing tasty steaks. Relaxed atmosphere with personal tentative service. Full choice of steaks explained and cooked to perfection. Booking essential.

1  Thank Davros_UK
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

Visited here tonight, we had a very good evening. The food was excellent, the scotch egg starter was superb and the steak was the best we have had in years. The staff were so good and helped us in decisions, but absolutely no hard sell. The wine was excellent and all was reasonably priced. The wonderful waiter chatted to us after we had settled the bill and I said it was a great birthday for me. He was adamant I should have told him it was my birthday and when we left the staff gave us a bottle of wine to take home. They did not need to do this at all, it was a lovely gesture. The staff were very good and they were kind, professional and very polite. Food was fantastic, so glad we visited here. Make sure you book, it’s worth it. Best food we had in Porto.

Date of visit: May 2019
Sofia2203, Proprietário at MUU Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Hello Karen!

I'm very glad that you and David enjoyed everything!

We love to celebrate!
We love to create memories!

Hope you enjoy our present for you! It was a huge pleasure to have you here with us!

Wish you all the best and once again - Happy Birthday!!!

Reviewed May 15, 2019

We booked here for our last night in Porto and we both loved it but a couple of picky little points would have given it 5 stars.

Staff excellent and mix friendly and professional very well,and I love the leather aprons :)
The offered couvert is a nice touch .
Our starters were the scotch egg which was very good but the second one of the mushroom trio salad was not on the same level, it lacked both seasoning and dressing we both agreed.
For mains my husband had the rib eye which was very good and came Bleu as he had requested , the shared side of oven rice was also very good.
I went with the Bacalhau one of only two non steak options.
This dish came out beautifully presented but maybe with too much going on -sometimes less is more,for example the parika tuile did nothing for the dish I found.
The cod itself was beautifully cooked and very good,as was the lentils but the accompanying sauce was again very bland,I cant even remember what it was to be honest.
The wine was very good and for dessert we shared the passionfruit and mango as we needed something light. The presentation and taste were excellent.
Next time we are in Porto ,we will definitely come back.

Hello Brenda!!

Thank you so much for your comment!!

I hope the next time you come to our restaurant those picky little points are gone!!

I'm sure they will :)

Kind regards for both of you!!