“Drinks into dinner into football”
Review of Grupo Celeste

Grupo Celeste
Ranked #1,762 of 2,262 Restaurants in Porto
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Second visit in our one week visit to Porto . This is a street cafe not a restaurant. Looking at other reviews I do wonder what people expect ! First time just drinks . Second time salad and omelette meal . For the price it is great - salad 4.5€ .
It is adjoined by to more upmarket looking restaurants .., don’t be deceived they are not as good !!! Staff very sweet as well .

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank tothai4

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

30 minutes after ordering the food we were told they run out of cod fish plate (bacalhau). In addition, after choosing other plates they forgot to bring one of them - we had no lunch. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018

Popping in for breakfast cost us 20 precious minutes wasted in Porto. Seating on the terrace for nearly 10 minutes and constantly ignored by the waiter I walked in to ask for a menu. With a rudish attitude I was asked if I want lunch? If I want breakfast I need to choose from the shopping window and tell him verbally what I want, which was a bit difficult as I had to memorise 4 foreign sounding product names. Got through this and I was told to sit down. After another long wait I tried to get eye contact with the waiter and with a kind of “can’t you see I’m busy” gesture he just walked away. That was the point when I said to my wife it’s time to go.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018

More pigeons than customers...with a few seagulls for diversity...felt very at home on our table anyway!
Had two poor omelettes...overcooked, with rubbery cheese/ham. Service sluggish...nearly in reverse...tourist trap...first place you see on the square...avoid!
Coffee and orange juice ok...toilets not great!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 26, 2018

In the Square of Liberation so lots to look at.
Lovely salads and sandwiches - bread so good we would visit again.
Were also prepared to vary ingredients for us
Recommended