“Awful”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We came here with a large group of people and the food took ages, when it finally came we we even more shocked the presentation of the food was awful and my tuna was dry and stale.To top it all off when i spoke to the landlady to complain about the food she said "oh whatever darlin"
Will never come back again unless someone else buys it.

3  Thank Tom W

Reviewed July 26, 2013

It's a pub and a darned good one, attractive building, great landlady, super friendly staff and good food, try the curry night or the monthly quiz - buzzing.

5  Thank creative_florence
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I hate negative comments but feel I need to warn you. I know it is people's jobs etc but I felt cheated.
The worst food made from a cook in sauce ( beef noodles) cheapest beef and vile sauce with super noodles, NO VEG and the cost of this was over £10.
Puddings are £4.75 but is just a meringue with squirts cream.
Such a shame as the location is nice.
Total sham and a cook in the kitchen who only knows how to use a microwave.
Avoid it!!!

3  Thank Houchen
Reviewed June 20, 2013

i use to work at holbrook so on way back from jimmy farm called in for lunch ,waited at bar for some one to take order staff to busy talking , after 5 mins waiting and staff loking at me with another two people we all walked out ,to the manager train your staff,

4  Thank peter a
Reviewed June 5, 2013

About time I submitted a review for the Compasses. We take the family (adults and children ages from 18mths to 95yrs) in numbers at least twice a year and have never been disappointed. Always perfect food, good service and helpful staff who don't mind when last minute changes have been forced on them. Even when attending in smaller numbers, again not disappointed. When a dish is not listed - ask, we haven't been refused yet!

3  Thank Rich C