“Don't stay there”

Ranked #16 of 22 Guimaraes B&B and Inns
Lisbon
“Don't stay there”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Fortunately we had booked only one night. The whole hotel was built 30 years ago and they didn't change anything since. The decoration is poor, the bed and mattresses were awful (I woke up with a terrible pain on my neck) everything is old and poor.
In the morning I asked them if I could leave my car in the garage a few more hours and the receptionist said no. I insisted (gently) saying that the room was overpriced for its quality, so, she could easily let me leave my car there for few more hours... and she started offending me, out of the nothing.
I was choked about how bad was my overall experience in this "sort of" hotel". Please make yourself a favor and stay elsewhere! Guimarães is a lovely city, don't let these guys ruin your experience there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LisbonStories

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lisbon
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel in Guimarães and we loved the location. The rooms are basic but confortable with air conditioning. The breakfast is basic (1 bread and 1 croissant to each person, milk and cofee and orange juice) which for portuguese people is fine and enough.

The hotel has prviate parking and is in the historic center. You can walk to all monuments and od not use your car.

Very good restaurants nearby. Ask tips to the owner which is very helpful and nice,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ElsaRosaLopes
Travelers also viewed these Guimaraes hotels
Santa Luzia Arthotel
#6 of 19 in Guimaraes
EMAJ Boutique Hotel
EMAJ Boutique Hotel
#9 of 19 in Guimaraes

Been to Albergaria Palmeiras? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Albergaria Palmeiras

Property: Albergaria Palmeiras
Address: Palmeiras Commercial Center Rua Gil Vicente 4th Floor, Guimaraes 4800-151, Portugal
Location: Portugal > Northern Portugal > Braga District > Guimaraes
Bar / Lounge Room Service
Ranked #16 of 22 B&Bs / Inns in Guimaraes
Hotel Class:4 star — Albergaria Palmeiras 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Albergaria Palmeiras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.