“A Well Run Family Restaurant”
Review of Bem me quer

Bem me quer
Ranked #83 of 628 Restaurants in Braga
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed all things Portuguese so I ordered a glass of green wind and, the famous Rojōes à Moda do Minho. As we're now up North in Braga, an adorable little down with a lot going on. I do mean a lot, day and night. Should've booked 3 nights here.
The little family run restaurant was smartly decorated with lovely relax atmosphere. The friendly young waitress was warm and welcoming. My half portion of Rojōes came in a big plate.
"Wow! So much meat??"
Took one look at the plate I knew I could hardly finish half of my already halved portion. The dish was a bit dry to my liking. No sauce to go with. I didn't border to ask if it was supposed to be like that as I took the most away for a later drinking session.
Our Portuguese friends had a good belly laugh when I told them my Rojōes story.

"You see; We LOOVE our meat !! It's never too big an order for us!"

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (211)

Reviewed November 25, 2019 via mobile

We stopped by on a Sunday while touring Braga. We got vegetable soup, local green soup, and a Salt-Cod in Bem-Me-Quer style. The drinks and the cheese came by fast, but it took about 20 minutes before soups were served and another 40 minutes before we got the fish. The food is wonderful as many have mentioned and in very large portion, enough to split between 2 people. It is not too salty and cooked to the right taste/texture. The staffs or family is also very polite and courteous to all the guests. But since we only had 2 hours for lunch with the tour group, so we didn't get any time to walk around by the time we finished eating. There does seem to be a lot of take-away meals though, maybe that is why the meal took longer than normal to come.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 15, 2019 via mobile

The staff was nice and we enjoyed the dish selection however the steak was tough and my husband couldn’t eat it.
The restaurant is in a great spot for stopping after seeing the sites in the area.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank Kjay200
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Upon recommendation of our tour guide, we had lunch at this small family owned restaurant in Braga. I had bad memories of eating cod but they insisted that I should try their dish to see if I changed my opinion. It all comes down to how they prepare it... it was delicious. Portions are big so we shared it, it came with potatoes in a light potato sauce, really good. For dessert we had a sort of custard with ice cream accompanied with Porto wine, wonderful! Don’t miss this restaurant if you visit Braga!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 11, 2019

We went on a tour from Porto to Guimarães and Braga, Our tour guide recommended this place. It was definitely worth. Simple but with a great service and food. There was a lady and two younger girl that looked like family running the show. They were fast and very nice. Good wine options as well.

Date of visit: February 2019