“Lucky Find”

Braga Tours
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Braga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As citizens of Braga (bracarenses) we knew that tourism was well-developed in the North of Portugal, a region that boasts centuries of cultural heritage from Roman times and which is still cherished today. Also called Bracara Augusta, City of Archbishops or Capital of Baroque the importance of historical events can still be seen today in Braga. The Braga identity is present everywhere and can be observed in the streets, squares and buildings, but also in Braga's traditions, festivities and gastronomy. We are committed to innovation and we strive to boost tourism in Braga, going one step further. by proposing unique and attractive tours that are hand-picked after careful mapping of the best Braga has to offer. We believe the result is simply amazing: you will discover the city in a fun and green way with professional advice from a local guide. You will visit more, pay less and with less effort. 100% fun and 0% CO2! Without losing sight of its origins, Braga Tours started a new project in 2015, seeking to broaden its business. Braga is located in a region of unique beauty and rich traditions and heritage that we would like you to discover by offering you a series of tours. Let's discover this treasure of Northern Portugal together.
Aveiro, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lucky Find”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Though I'm portuguese, Braga is a city I have visited only once before and for a very short period, leaving me completely unaware of the history and beautiful scenery that lies within it's historic centre.
This time around, me and my boyfriend had some hours to kill after attending a congress in Braga so I found some Braga Tours' leaflets on the hotel lobby and decided to call them. What a lucky find that was!
I'm writing this review as I'm leaving Braga and I already decided to return soon. This decision is mostly due to the wonderful tour me and my boyfriend just had, which left us wanting more.
The tour costed only 10€ per person and it was a knowledge full 2h30! Our tour guide, Jorge, was perfect. He showed us 24 historic sights and explained them to us carefully. All questions we had were answered with ease and all this in a very personal tour with only the 3 of us. Amazing is how I classify this tour and I must say having been in 4 continents and lived in 3 it's not a lighthearted compliment.
If you are planning a trip to Braga or to Oporto this is a very good way to spend 2h30 and with a terrific value for money.
For those of you that are not keen on walking, there's also the possibility to take the tour on a Segway for 18€ per person.
I asked and Jorge, the tour guide, is multilingual, being able to give this tour in either Portuguese, Spanish or English.
I hope you enjoy this as much as me and my boyfriend did.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lu7777777

Sudbury, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Braga and Guimaraes Tour”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

During our stay in Porto my Wife and I set up a one day trip to Guimaraes and Braga heritage sites. The tour picked us up at our hotel (intercontinental) and took us on a magical trip.The tour including the mini bus transportation took about 9 hours. but, was well worth it. (80 euros). The two towns are a must see when in Porto, We had time to relax and wander along the town alleys and ancient walls puncuated with the guides historical antidotes. We even had an opportunity to have out photos taken holding a live eagle. In Braga we had a gourmet lunch which was included in the tour fee was excellent. I believe one needs at least a few hours in each town to relax and absorbe the outstanding souroundings. Our guide was Susana at www.livingtours.pt

Visited March 2013
1 Thank thomas r
Lisbon, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Totally worth it!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I paid 10 euros each for just over 2 hours of Jorge's expertise and I highly doubt I've ever got more for my money. In a relatively short amount of time, Jorge was able to walk us through all the monuments one should see in the centre of Braga and provide a historical context to enrich the experience. It was informative without being boring. A very positive experience and one that need not be done on a Segway.

Visited March 2013