“Can't fault the Melia Braga”

Melia Braga Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Braga
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Can't fault the Melia Braga”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is without question, a quality hotel with excellent facilities. Staff were friendly,and the service was excellent. A minor downside was that the hotel is located a couple of miles away from the historic centre of Braga, but we found that the hotel restaurant was as good as any other in Braga, negating the need to travel into the city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mat R
, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Braga Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Mat,

We highly appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to your next stay at the Meliã Braga Hotel & Spa or any other hotel of Meliã Hotels International.

We remain at your disposal for any further queries.
Best regards

João Gomes
Meliã Braga Hotel & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
london
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is ultra modern and a fun place to stay. I loved the large room with touch screen switches, large bathroom and great view: the windows even opened for natural ventilation (rare in high-rise buildings). I did find the desk and chair uncomfortable for business work, but didn't have any problems with the wifi. Lunch here was superb.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jimmyinthecity
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The wifi in the rooms doesn't work well. My room has no comfortable chair or place to unpack my luggage, but it does have a giant bathtub in the middle. The touch design of the light switch has a thermostat control right there; inadvertently I turned on the heat while trying to turn off the lights, and I woke up sweating.

And for a hotel that's supposedly a spa, why is the fitness club not open 24 hours? It doesn't open until 7 a..m., which is too late to get a good workout in before morning meetings.

The staff is nice. But this hotel was not designed for comfort or utility. I would like to see the owners of this hotel chain stay here for a few days and try to get some work done. They might rethink their designs in the future.

Room Tip: The wifi works in the lobby. You might try staying closer to there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank oira79
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This hotel is very modern, chic, and beautiful. The staff are friendly and helpful. However, I did not find the rooms to be very convenient. They seemed to have been designed to make some kind of a modernistic statement but not necessarily to be all that functional. No convenient place to set out a suitcase nor a luggage rack to put it on, so the suitcase goes on the floor. There are no power outlets anywhere near a mirror. Yes, there is a hairdryer in the bathroom, but there is no outlet in the bathroom (other than the shaver outlet that can't be used for higher power appliances). So the hair straightener and curling iron have to be plugged in and used in the main bedroom that has no mirror in it anywhere. This is really annoying for female travelers. There were very few outlets in the room at all.

The switches were modern and high tech, but not particularly efficient. Likewise, the sink had a very fancy faucet that delivers the water in a trough-like mode but it splashes a lot and isn't as good as a standard faucet.

I see no need for the TV to turn on and greet me every time I enter the room, in fact I found it annoying.

So while the hotel is very beautiful, I would probably not stay there again. Looks great, but just isn't very functional.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank C3Baker
Melia B, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Braga Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay with us.
We really appreciate all your suggestions, which will be taken into maximum consideration, thereby improving our services. Your opinion is very important to us.
Looking forward to see you soon in our hotel or in any other Meliá Hotels International.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I only stayed one night at this hotel and was very pleased with it. The reception staff are very welcoming, the room was very good with 2 large beds, excellent pillows and besides the working table with chair there was a modern chaiselongue to relax. The bathroom was very modern with the bathtube only separated from the bed by a curtain (but with the shower and loo closed by glass doors). The most important detail was that the free wi fi worked perfectly. I tried the restaurant for dinner and El Olive was a very pleasant experience. Next morning I only had time for a very good buffet breakfast but hope that I will have the opportunity to try the Spa the mext time I stay in this hotel in Braga..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay with us.
Your opinion is very important to us and we are very satisfied to had exceed your expectations.

Arklow, Ireland
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel on 2 occasions and I must say I was extremely impressed with everything. On first stay I had a suite that was absolutely fantastic, modern and ticked all the right boxes. WIFI was excellent which I think is one of the most important things on a business trip apart from rest and relaxation of course. Gym is of the highest quality with all the equipment you would need. Second stay I had an ordinary room which was also of the highest quality. The fact every room is equipped with the latest technology internet tv's is a bonus as when on a foreign trip viewing is limited with language barriers and this helps to make it more relaxing in the evenings. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Restaurant is also top quality every time!!

Room Tip: Suite is fabulous for relaxation and very good value!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Melia B, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Braga Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay at the Meliá Braga Hotel and Spa. Your opinion means a lot to us and we are very satisfied to had exceed your expectations.

Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I just spent two and a half days in Melia, as a conference traveler, and did enormously enjoy the hotel's proximity to the university, the incredible breakfast, the huge rooms with nice green view, trendy eco-decoration in the lobby, young, friendly and very efficient staff. But, above all, the spa service is a knock-out! With only 80 EUR, I got an unforgettable treatment, including facial massage, facial exfoliation and moisturizing, full body 50 min. massage, tea ritual and free use of the health center, including steam bath and sauna, cold bath, two jacuzzis and pool and all this just one year old!!!
They definitely got my vote, all young people working there, who seem to love their jobs :-) Obrigada!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Melia B, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Braga Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear guest

We would like to express our gratitude for selecting our hotel.
We thank you for your kind words that we will share with the rest of our team.
It is a pleasure to know that you leaved the hotel satisfied with our services and employees.
Looking forward to seeing you soon at our hotel.

Meliá Braga Hotel & SPA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braga
São José de São Lázaro
São José de São Lázaro
Ibis Budget Braga Centro
Santa Luzia Arthotel
#4 of 19 in Guimaraes

Been to Melia Braga Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!