“Bacalhau na Telha”
Review of Restaurante Duque

Restaurante Duque
Reserve with
Restaurante Duque is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 104 Restaurants in Barcelos
Reviewed December 27, 2017

I found this restaurant because it had a fold out board placed on one of the streets, announcing the specials and I decided to try it for a late lunch. The plate that I wanted to sample had been sold out, so I opted for the Bacalhau na Telha ( Cod on the tile). The portion was generous and it was tasty. I selected a glass of house wine. The restaurant was not crowded the service was efficient but slow.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

It wasn't the first time I used this restaurant in Barcelos. I like it a lot. The staff is friendly, food is well cooked and at a fair price (or you can even say cheap price), the room is welcoming, the toilets are clean. I would recomend this place if you are looking for a good meal during the weekdays, and tou get a better price than the one you would get at some more touristic places. An excelent option on value for money.

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

Very much a Portuguese restaurant, you get a good-sized meal for a reasonable price. Standard local dishes and a decent selection of wines. Friendly service.

Reviewed September 10, 2016

We enjoyed a tasty tuna salad here today as one of the pratos do dia. This came with a vegetable soup and dessert. Locals as well as tourists eat here. The daily menu is a bargain at $3.70 and includes the choice of fish and meat and vegetarian dishes. We can understand why this place is attractive for a simple lunch. What I do not understand is why the staff decided to prep for an evening event by noisily moving around tables and chairs while three tables of diners were in the middle of their meals.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

The sign that said 'restaurant 30 m' eventually led to a small restaurant on a hill with its entrance round the corner. There is a flight of stairs from the entrance up to the restaurant and also down to the toilets. But there is a very good handrail which I found useful.
Fortunately we had arrived before noon. Ours was the third table to be occupied. When we ordered, the waitress pointed us to the lunchtime special menu of a three course meal and recommended a good wine.It wasn't long before the soup arrived. That was hot and really good and was soon followed by the main course of a salad accompanied by grilled chicken fillets, fries and rice, also hot and really good. By this time all tables were occupied with a few people waiting for a table. When we had finished the delicious baked apple in cinnamon and the wine, there was a queue down the stairs. By the time we had paid there were people waiting on the street.
This was a really nice place to eat. I was pleased to see they offered half portions - something rarely available and I do know of places in the UK that people actively avoid because the portions are more than they can manage. The service was efficient, the staff very helpful and the food of very high quality. All that for around fifteen euros between us.
No wonder there was a queue into the street.