We travelled to Porto Santo in July and may I add how beautiful the island is, it's almost like a secret get-away! We arrived at the hotel at about 8.00pm and the entrance is very nice and clean. The check-in staff we lovely and very helpful - and lets not forget about the bell boy, he's very helpful too!! We were given an interconnecting room with a balcony and sea view. The rooms are very very clean and rather spacious. The maids do a wonderful job and there's always bottled water. We had an all inclusive package which was good but very limited. The meals were definitely more for meat eaters as we found my mom (who's a vegetarian) had a very limited choice of food (salad and pasta). THE BEACH IS BLISS! you walk through a lovely path with pink flowers over a bridge and voila, there's the beach - easy access! the pool is clean but to get a sun lounger is quite hard - but I loved how people didn't leave towels on the beds!!!! Don't take towels either they're provided. I could carry on writing forever about this lovely place but I'll stop here. oh... one last thing .... the entertainment team are very good and you definitely can't miss the sales night!!! Have a lovely holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located about 4 km's from the center, the Hotel Vila Baleira Thalassa was originally built with the intention of attracting to the island who wanted to take advantage of the medicinal qualities of its sands and is the best equipped hotel in Porto Santo. The complex consists of 3 distinct areas: In the main building are the rooms, reception, main bar, restaurant, shops, conference rooms, kids club, games room, amphitheater and indoor swimming pool. Connected to the hotel by a tunnel is Baleira Talassa & Spa, a fully independent structure where all thalassotherapy and spa treatments as well as gym and Diving Centre Rheadive work. Also accessible through the tunnel is an outdoor leisure area with outdoor pool, children pool, outdoor children's room, children's playground, shooting,>, volleyball and beach soccer, the Beach Club and the walkway beach access. The social areas of the hotel and the rooms are spacious and decorated with light colors and local materials. Open from April to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Baleira Porto Santo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilabaleira Thalassa Porto Santo
- Hotel Vilabaleira Thalassa