What a fantastic holiday. The hotel was clean, the rooms where clean and the staff extremely friendly. The food was good although after eating at the hotel several days it was a welcome change to eat out. The hotel has a fantastic pool and the beach is immaculate. The island get very little rain so the sun is usually out. If you enjoy piece and quiet and want to relax with a good book this is the one for you. To see the island, hire a quad or take the jeep safari. Taxi's into town are a little bit over priced so take advantage of the bus service. Many of the restaurants have a free shuttle service and you can book through reception. My advise would be, don't play it safe and go all inclusive. Instead maybe try half board,there are many fantastic restaurants on the island and the menus are in English. The local food is fantastic and the island is beautiful. In a couple of years this place will be overwhelmed by tourists, so book now whilst it is unspoilt.
+ Not a clubbing resort, grate for couples
- A week should be enough
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located about 4 km's from the center, the Hotel Vila Baleira Thalassa was originally built with the intention of attracting to the island who wanted to take advantage of the medicinal qualities of its sands and is the best equipped hotel in Porto Santo. The complex consists of 3 distinct areas: In the main building are the rooms, reception, main bar, restaurant, shops, conference rooms, kids club, games room, amphitheater and indoor swimming pool. Connected to the hotel by a tunnel is Baleira Talassa & Spa, a fully independent structure where all thalassotherapy and spa treatments as well as gym and Diving Centre Rheadive work. Also accessible through the tunnel is an outdoor leisure area with outdoor pool, children pool, outdoor children's room, children's playground, shooting,>, volleyball and beach soccer, the Beach Club and the walkway beach access. The social areas of the hotel and the rooms are spacious and decorated with light colors and local materials. Open from April to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Baleira Porto Santo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilabaleira Thalassa Porto Santo
- Hotel Vilabaleira Thalassa