It is three weeks since we were at Hotel Pestana Porto Santo and on reflection we can honestly say that the week spent there was the best holiday we have had.
There are plenty of positives about the resort and its setting on that long golden beach. The staff are great and ever willing to help. Our room, a first floor room with balcony that overlooked the pool area was spacious and very comfortable- the fact that the room was cleaned every day was a huge plus to us. We liked the fact that the safe and air conditioning were included in the cost of the holiday.
We had read reviews of the resort after we booked in early September and read some negative points which came from people who had visited the resort in high season. The resort was not so populated when we stayed so sun beds were freely available by the pool and we never had to queue to use the main restaurant .
The food at the main restaurant (Mares) is fine though when a place is catering for a large number of people it may seem formulaic but there is enough choice to satisfy everyone. We ate at the a la carte on one night - well worth the surcharge for relaxed dining and well presented food; however, the menu is a little limited. Luigi's, the pizzeria, is a great alternative to the Mares and we ate there twice during our stay.
Walks along the beach are a must either to the main town in one direction (about 1.5km) or to what we called the sleeping dragon, an islet off the end of the beach in the other direction. There are plenty of cafes in the main town for refreshment stops and people watching.
The only trip available at the time we visited was the Jeep tour of the island- 32 euros per person for a three hour trip but it was a highlight of the stay.
One downer for us was the fact that, in the Dunas pool bar, steak sandwiches were only available on two days- they are great, really tasty.
We are in the habit of not revisiting places we have been to but Hotel Pestana has made us change our minds on that- we will definitely be back. Next time we will take walking shoes to further investigate Porto Santo which is a fascinating island.
To Joao Martins and his team, a big obrigado for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo hotel is a 5-star beach resort, on the island of Porto Santo, Madeira, and is all inclusive (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and domestic beverages). Recently voted the best All Inclusive resort in Europe, it is located on Portugal's best beach, the Porto Santo beach, with 9 km of fine sand and warm water. Just 1 minute on foot from the beach, this hotel also offers 2 large swimming pools surrounded by 30,000 m² of gardens. Guests can enjoy its 6 restaurants and 5 bars, as well as a Spa area with a heated swimming pool, water jets, sauna, Turkish bath, Hamman and gym. And for the little ones, the hotel has sports fields, game rooms and the Kids Club. The rooms are decorated with blue ocean hues and each has a flat-screen TV and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Expedia, Prestigia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo