We went as a family of three on our first ever beach holiday. I was very nervous....but Mario and Andrew the reps were fab.
The hotel is clean and tidy. The outstanding features of this hotel are its staff. Nothing is too much trouble, they work incredibily hard and always have a smile on their face.
Food is fine, we never went hungry but it is not al a carte. The waiters are amazing, Luiz is charming, as are many of the others. If you have kids they treat each one differently and make them all feel special.
Managers are always visible and I saw them clearing tables and picking up rubbish.
If you are looking for an island with lots to do...Porto is not the place for you. But if you want to relax and just chill out, the beaches at Porto Santo are perfect. 9 miles of unspoilt, quiet beaches. Just remember it is the Atlantic Ocean, so waves are big! And there is a breeze, so sunbathing is not that easy unless you would like to get sandblasted. BUT the hotel provides windbreakers and umbrellas by the beach for guests to use.
Just one tiny warning don't expect too much from the entertainment..it is 40 minutes of the same 3 or 4 people doing dances or singing.
Oh....also take everything you need ironed as an iron and ironing board hire is very expensive to hire.
This is a 5* All inclusive, family hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo