Though some reviewers have rightly stated that the hotel is not in the centre of Funchal, it should also stressed that the frequent and inexpensive bus service to town stops right outside - as does the airport bus. It is in no way remote - all very convenient ! In this respect the hotel offers excellent value for money in a quiet, privileged position, with coastline views. For those who select half board there will be little necessity to go into town at night when the buffet dinner is of such a high standard. This makes for a very relaxed break especially when the rest of the hotel facilities are of an equally high standard . This hotel, indeed this island, does not attract the normal rabble associated with the Costa s . So forget "fish and chips" and think more in terms of salmon and saffron, haddock in coconut etc ie a varied and interesting menu without repetition catering for many tastes.
The staff are very attentive and - as a general point I would say of all the island's inhabitants - want their guests to enjoy themselves. Considering this a "year round" resort I was surprised that no one I met was battle weary of tourists and always keen to engage with their guests. Maybe there s some advice : do not be remote and critical - engage and all will do their best to ensure your experience of this hotel and Madeira in general is one thats worth writing home about. (And for that that they have free wi fi )
Top Tip: Get up into the mountains by bus, especially if there if there is a fiesta going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Residence welcomes you to a enchanting 4-star hotel in an excellent location on the south coast of Madeira. Overlooking the sea and some imposing cliffs, the opportunities for fantastic sunsets are offered every day during your holidays. Once inside, the hotel is built with many open spaces to make the most of the natural light and a modern and luxurious design with comfortable and functional public areas to rest, relax, read or socialize with your fellow guests. The atmosphere is complete with the panoramic sea views and some of the banana plantations still existing in Funchal. More than a hotel, at the Golden Residence you will find the perfect solution for a holiday where well-being and relaxation will take on a new meaning for you. The excellent service and careful attention for small detail is what makes the difference. ... and we encourage you to discover its many charms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Golden Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Residence Apartment Funchal
- Hotel Golden Residence Apartment
- Golden Residence Madeira/Funchal