Stayed her in a side view suite (two people) for 5 nights on a 'rrom only' basis.
Emailed hotel prior to arrival requesting 'good' sea view and was accommodated in block A (block C which is nearest the sea has rooms not suites) Probably had one of the best sea views and also overlooked the banana plantation and (what looked like some derelict) houses next to the hotel. It was not a problem though as it was peaceful and we had morning sun (when it did shine!)
Level 5 of this block gives immediate access to the main road (but noise was never a problem) and a bus stop to Funchal. Also a 5 minute walk to the pleasant Forum Shopping centre which has a great supermarket to stock up on bits and pieces.Its approx an hours walk to Funchal.
Modern, spacious and spotless.Perfect!
There seemed to be numerous new young staff who were all very efficient and friendly.Check in and out was easy and it was never busy.
Visited this on a couple of occasions--weather was not good enough for anything more than this. Pool is lovely and there were ample beds. It was very windy when we were there.
Visited this to escape the rain and was pleasantly surprised to have sole use of jaccuzi and pool. Didnt use sauna.
Didnt visit as booked on a 'room only' basis, though did have a drink poolside which was duly delivered promptly by the waiter. There are a few restaurants near the hotel so you dont have to access Funchal to eat. (see my other reviews)
Couldnt fault the accommodation despite it being a fair distance from Fuchal. I did of course know this prior to booking and wanted to avoid any impact of the seafront construction work going on in the centre of Funchal.Its easily accessible by bus no 1 or 2 which stop just outside the hotel.
I would recommend this accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Residence welcomes you to a enchanting 4-star hotel in an excellent location on the south coast of Madeira. Overlooking the sea and some imposing cliffs, the opportunities for fantastic sunsets are offered every day during your holidays. Once inside, the hotel is built with many open spaces to make the most of the natural light and a modern and luxurious design with comfortable and functional public areas to rest, relax, read or socialize with your fellow guests. The atmosphere is complete with the panoramic sea views and some of the banana plantations still existing in Funchal. More than a hotel, at the Golden Residence you will find the perfect solution for a holiday where well-being and relaxation will take on a new meaning for you. The excellent service and careful attention for small detail is what makes the difference. ... and we encourage you to discover its many charms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Golden Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Residence Apartment Funchal
- Hotel Golden Residence Apartment
- Golden Residence Madeira/Funchal