We were very impressed with Golden Residence. Very comfortable and clean with charming staff who wanted to please us. It is in a good position on the outskirts of the city - a 30 minute taxi ride from the airport (E25 arranged by the hotel and the same friendly driver who took us back there a week later - very proud of his town and gave us a description of the place in his impossible to understand English). The bus service was very good (occasionally late) into the center of the city from a bus stop right outside the hotel.
We were on a B&B basis and the breakfasts were excellent and we also had 2 very good dinners there as well. I cannot praise the staff more highly - all very helpful and smiling. We discovered a lovely restaurant round the corner called Doca do Cavacas (left out of hotel and down to small shopping area and then right down steps almost to the water's edge). The perfect little family (I presume) run restaurant with a small menu of excellent seafood.
As VictorSPbK says in his review, the rooms in Block A which is the top end of the hotel, are a bit noisy. Ours was not at the far top so we didn't hear the road noise but it ran parallel with a block of flats so we heard their noise (plus endlessly barking puppy left on a balcony all day long) and the two buildings side by side channeled the noise upwards. We had to shut the windows at night and use the AC which was a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Residence welcomes you to a enchanting 4-star hotel in an excellent location on the south coast of Madeira. Overlooking the sea and some imposing cliffs, the opportunities for fantastic sunsets are offered every day during your holidays. Once inside, the hotel is built with many open spaces to make the most of the natural light and a modern and luxurious design with comfortable and functional public areas to rest, relax, read or socialize with your fellow guests. The atmosphere is complete with the panoramic sea views and some of the banana plantations still existing in Funchal. More than a hotel, at the Golden Residence you will find the perfect solution for a holiday where well-being and relaxation will take on a new meaning for you. The excellent service and careful attention for small detail is what makes the difference. ... and we encourage you to discover its many charms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Golden Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Residence Apartment Funchal
- Hotel Golden Residence Apartment
- Golden Residence Madeira/Funchal