I've always been cautious of 4 star hotels because sometimes they end up being a 3 star, but not in this case.
The hotel itself is only 6 years old and it shows with modern furnishings incredibly ergonomic, well designed and nothing hanging off etc. With 3 young children it was important that we had an indoor heated swimming pool to kill some time during the day, the pool was kept immaculate as was the jacuzzi . We stayed on a b&b basis and ate out in the evenings. The breakfast was fantastic with plenty of choice and freshness and enjoyed the freshly made omelettes most days. There are a number of sea food restaurant's at the bottom of the hill (2 minute walk) where you can enjoy Portugese culinary delights.
The hotel staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help our room was cleaned every day! The staff were polite and all spoke good English .
The apartment we stayed in was for a family of 4+1 infant which great because we could all be together, unlike other hotels which insist you on booking two rooms which becomes costly. The room itself was spacious ,well equipped with a balcony overlooking a banana plantation and the sea.
The sea views from the hotel are fantastic and we enjoyed a coffee every morning sat at the end of the pool area after breakfast overlooking the Atlantic . You can go for a stroll up the coast in either direction on well made paths.We hired a car for the week and opted to park it on the road adjacent to the hotel rather that the hotels underground car park (5€/ day) which to be honest wouldn't of broken the bank .
This hotel is a good 4 star , and now I can see why the reviews were so positive before ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Residence welcomes you to a enchanting 4-star hotel in an excellent location on the south coast of Madeira. Overlooking the sea and some imposing cliffs, the opportunities for fantastic sunsets are offered every day during your holidays. Once inside, the hotel is built with many open spaces to make the most of the natural light and a modern and luxurious design with comfortable and functional public areas to rest, relax, read or socialize with your fellow guests. The atmosphere is complete with the panoramic sea views and some of the banana plantations still existing in Funchal. More than a hotel, at the Golden Residence you will find the perfect solution for a holiday where well-being and relaxation will take on a new meaning for you. The excellent service and careful attention for small detail is what makes the difference. ... and we encourage you to discover its many charms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Golden Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Residence Apartment Funchal
- Hotel Golden Residence Apartment
- Golden Residence Madeira/Funchal