The Golden Residence comes in 3 separate blocks A,B & C. C block houses both outdoor and indoor pools along with spa facilities, hairdresser, restaurant and bar/entertainment area. It is joined to A & B by an underground corridor so no need to get wet if it is raining. Reception is in B block. Our room C0101 was in C block on the same level as the hairdresser, restaurant and bar/entertainment area and outside patio/pool area. Whilst this was very convenient and meant we could pick up the wi fi signal in our room,sadly it also meant that we found it hard to get to sleep before midnight with people making merry out on the patio which was just outside our room. Our room was spacious with large double bed and wet room which would be great for handicapped and comes complete with pull out washing line and a hairdryer (always handy). We also had TV, Free safe, kettle and empty fridge (saved finding a home for all the mini bar stuff we never buy). There is a supermarket 3 minutes walk away so no problem in filling the fridge with things you do want. The indoor pool is free to use but sauna and steam room are charged if used before 5pm (free after). The indoor pool was a little dark and depressing as it is mostly underground and the Jacuzzi was kept a little on the cool side for our liking. The outdoor pool looked nice but in January we were only going to look! Breakfast had a nice variety but at 11 euros we found it a bit pricey and availed ourselves of supermarket fare. Dinner we also thought expensive and found better deals to be had at the local restaurants. In January there was little entertainment, only a couple singing twice during our 10 day stay. The staff were all very pleasant, helpful and all spoke English. The local bus stops right outside the hotel and offers better value and travel cards for 3//5/7 days than the tour bus which cost 12 euros for 2 days and only goes on a circuit of the area in one direction and finishes at 1700hrs. Car parking in the underground cost 5 euros a day but we managed to find a spot in the street for free.
Happily we did not have any problem with ants like nuzzonick reviewer.
Tip: If you do not want to walk up the hill to the main road, there is a door from A block onto the street that you can access by lift from B block.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Residence welcomes you to a enchanting 4-star hotel in an excellent location on the south coast of Madeira. Overlooking the sea and some imposing cliffs, the opportunities for fantastic sunsets are offered every day during your holidays. Once inside, the hotel is built with many open spaces to make the most of the natural light and a modern and luxurious design with comfortable and functional public areas to rest, relax, read or socialize with your fellow guests. The atmosphere is complete with the panoramic sea views and some of the banana plantations still existing in Funchal. More than a hotel, at the Golden Residence you will find the perfect solution for a holiday where well-being and relaxation will take on a new meaning for you. The excellent service and careful attention for small detail is what makes the difference. ... and we encourage you to discover its many charms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Golden Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Residence Apartment Funchal
- Hotel Golden Residence Apartment
- Golden Residence Madeira/Funchal