I chose this hotel after many hours of researching. The main purpose of the trip was to see the New Year fireworks and although it is slightly too far out to view the fireworks, the hotel do a trip to the centre costing 10 euros per person return. There were a few hotels on my list and the main reason I chose this hotel is because Rosana took the time to reply back to my emails whereas other hotels such as Alto Lido never came back to me. It wasn't a problem that the hotel was in different blocks as they were connected by an underground walkway if it was too cold to cross the road with our 8 month old baby. The other reasons for choosing the hotel were because it had an indoor pool, it was minutes away by foot to a large shopping mall, the floors in the room were wooden so easy to disinfect to allow baby to crawl, the airport bus and other buses stop right outside the hotel, Internet was free ( though very poor quality), it had a good breakfast buffet, they provided a baby bath as well as crib for the baby and on hotels.com ( where I normally book all my hotels), it was the best value for money. If I had to point out the negatives, they would be that the toiletries provided are extremely minimal, the hotel is just a little too far out from the centre to walk with a pushchair, the Internet connection though free, was very poor, although the rooms were well decorated in a contemporary style, the wetroom style bathroom really let it down as the black floor gave the impression that the bathroom was not as clean as it could be. A lighter coloured floor would have made all the difference. Also at breakfast, there was orange squash rather than fresh juice. Aside from these minor criticisms, I would recommend this hotel to others, especially to families. I would also agree with the other reviewers that the staff on the whole are all very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Residence welcomes you to a enchanting 4-star hotel in an excellent location on the south coast of Madeira. Overlooking the sea and some imposing cliffs, the opportunities for fantastic sunsets are offered every day during your holidays. Once inside, the hotel is built with many open spaces to make the most of the natural light and a modern and luxurious design with comfortable and functional public areas to rest, relax, read or socialize with your fellow guests. The atmosphere is complete with the panoramic sea views and some of the banana plantations still existing in Funchal. More than a hotel, at the Golden Residence you will find the perfect solution for a holiday where well-being and relaxation will take on a new meaning for you. The excellent service and careful attention for small detail is what makes the difference. ... and we encourage you to discover its many charms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Golden Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Residence Apartment Funchal
- Hotel Golden Residence Apartment
- Golden Residence Madeira/Funchal